No announcement yet.

A Look Back at the 2011 Top 30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And I don't think the audience that is reading that really gives a fuck about those stats that you guys all jerk off to. I may be wrong but oh well, if they don't like it they can get rid of me, I really don't care. I'm just doing it just to do it.
    --------------------
    Originally posted by Mainge View Post
    What are your ambitions, FML?
    Worry about yourself.
    Last edited by Miamarlin21; 12-13-2011, 06:24 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

They who? Who reads that? Also, Mainge asked a fair question. He wants to mentor you. He wants to make you into a real Mainge. That is no way to treat him.

Comment

ehe
        --------------------
        Meltdown Tuesday
        Last edited by Swifty; 12-13-2011, 06:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Beef View Post
          They who? Who reads that? Also, Mainge asked a fair question. He wants to mentor you. He wants to make you into a real Mainge. That is no way to treat him.
          I'll pass.

Comment

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
            And I don't think the audience that is reading that really gives a fuck about those stats that you guys all jerk off to. I may be wrong but oh well, if they don't like it they can get rid of me, I really don't care. I'm just doing it just to do it.
            --------------------

Worry about yourself.
            Well fuck you then. What audience wants you to just spit baseball card stats at them?

Time to grow up and use big boy stats. Have you read Moneyball? Do you realize only you and Joe Morgan care about batting average? No one that actually works in baseball gives a shit about W/L or batting average.

C'mon man.

Comment

I'm not having another meltdown, it's just you guys bitch about the same shit when you know it's not going to change. Mibs loves Volstad, I don't like stats, and FIP is FIP. Nothing you can do to change it so just accept it and carry on.

Comment

You need thicker skin. Especially when you "know" your audience and know you're doing something that will be open to criticism.

Comment

Ehe, I just stopped in the middle of the top post and read it.

15. J.T. Realmuto, C- Realmuto has become the Marlins’ top catching prospect in the system. Drafted in the third round in the 2010 draft, Realmuto posted a .287 clip with 12 bombs with Low-A Greensboro and looks to be the Marlins catcher of the future once John Buck’s contract runs out. The 21-year-old will start 2012 with the Jupiter Hammerheads.
                  I saw that. So I looked to see where he had Skipworth, figuring it was higher than 15. It was. But if that's the case, and Realmuto is the top catching prospect, then whaaaaaaa?

Comment

Well fuck you then. What audience wants you to just spit baseball card stats at them?

Time to grow up and use big boy stats. Have you read Moneyball? Do you realize only you and Joe Morgan care about batting average? No one that actually works in baseball gives a shit about W/L or batting average.

C'mon man.
                    Not yet. I've been wanting to. I just haven't had time to try and master the stats. I mentioned it during the summer that I would be willing to learn and try and accept these stats but I just haven't had time. Maybe over Christmas break I will look into it. I honestly just don't know where to start.

Comment

I saw that. So I looked to see where he had Skipworth, figuring it was higher than 15. It was. But if that's the case, and Realmuto is the top catching prospect, then whaaaaaaa?
                      Numerical order, stats. Don't need 'em.

Comment

I'm not having another meltdown, it's just you guys bitch about the same shit when you know it's not going to change. Mibs loves Volstad, I don't like stats, and FIP is FIP. Nothing you can do to change it so just accept it and carry on.
                        I feel like I remember you bitching about mibs loving her some Volstad. If that's the case, then huuuuuuuuuh?

Comment

First off, this is Baseball America's rankings. So "I" didn't have him anywhere. And you really think that Skipworth is the Marlins' top catching prospect at this point?
                          --------------------
                          I feel like I remember you bitching about mibs loving her some Volstad. If that's the case, then huuuuuuuuuh?
                          I did and I apologized to her about it.
                          Last edited by Miamarlin21; 12-13-2011, 06:33 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

C'mon man.
                            I care about average, I like to think people that work in baseball care about average, but don't look at it as an end all be all (like, for example, Pierre's 2003 showing that his serviceable OBP was very lucky).

Comment

First off, this is Baseball America's rankings. So "I" didn't have him anywhere. And you really think that Skipworth is the Marlins' top catching prospect at this point?
                              --------------------
                              So your big contribution to that must-be-terrible Marlins website was that you took somebody else's rankings and just wrote a short worthless summary about each player?

Also, that question you asked is something that Todd would do.

Comment

So your big contribution to that must-be-terrible Marlins website was that you took somebody else's rankings and just wrote a short worthless summary about each player?

Also, that question you asked is something that Todd would do.
                                Basically. I did it last year on here and no one bitched this much.

Comment

Working...
                                X