No announcement yet.

Marlins Acquire Negrych from Pirates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember watching Paulino play for Jamestown in '09. Here's what I wrote about him on the other board in the two games I saw the Jammers play Batavia:

C Carlos Paulino (signed as undrafted free agent; spent 2008 and some of 2009 with GCL Marlins): Paulino was 1-4 with a single and a run, as well as a swinging strikeout (he was way out in front of it). He didn't have to make any throws to second since no one attempted a steal. He let way too many balls get to the backstop though and may have been crossed up on at least two of them. He even made a snap throw to first to try and get a runner, with the bases loaded. That's gutsy. His single was a bunt base-hit to the third basemen. He really has a wide stance when batting, looking uncomfortable. Carlos got hit on the hand while catching as well and the trainer and manager came out to look at it, but he stayed in the game.

and...

C Carlos Paulino: This was Paulino's first game with Jamestown. He was 0-4 with two Ks. He doesn't look like a catcher, as he's shorter and not all that well-built. His arm seemed a bit inconsistent.

Comment

he will be missed

Comment

Looks like Negrych will start in Double-A Jacksonville. A roster for the Suns is not out yet, but he's not on New Orleans' roster so I assume he's there.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

He said he was willing to play AA ball for another org, but not for the Pirates.

Comment

Working...
          X