SFM's 2011 Number One Prospect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bucklin12 View Post
    If you're referring to the fact that he spent his limited innings as a reliever last year, that was due to the fact that UCLA went deep into the College World Series. They were limiting his professional innings as he had already pitched a ton for the season.

He'll be a starter until he can't move forward anymore.
    Are you sure about this?
    I don't know why, but it seems to me like I've seen more "this is a guy we can fast-track to the big leagues and use in the pen" comments about Rasmussen, than "future starter."

Comment

I agree he'll be a starter for now. He's not like Jennings where they will do that switch immediately. Marlins don't draft relievers in the first two rounds of the draft. Look at how long they gave Tucker and Sinkbiel, and Pinto was a starter too (albeit in Cubs farm for awhile).

Comment

Tank was another swingman lefty type who came from college, could be fast tracked as a reliever, and projected as either a reliever or starter, and he was given the opportunity to make it as a starter until he failed at that.

Comment

Yeah, and all of a sudden, we have no need to fast track any bullpen arms to the majors, so I doubt that's the plan with Rasmussen.
          Christian Yelich
          LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
          12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
          100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
          .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Well, a lefty...

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
              Well, a lefty...
              You have to imagine Dunn, West, Jennings, Richardson, and maybe even Hand, get innings this year.

We have plenty of dudes to try before we do something nuts with James, Rasmussen, or Olmos.

Comment

Working...
              X