No announcement yet.

Lol at Our Top 10 Going into the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You cant give the Marlins credit for developing Hanley.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

True on Hanley.

I've seen Hand, James, Olmos, Skip, Dominguez, Koehler, Ceda, Marinez, Martinez -- pretty much any of the non-2010 draftees who have made it to at least Low A, I have seen. And multiple times.
      Christian Yelich
      LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
      12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
      100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
      .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

It looks barren on paper, but they just graduated CC, Gaby, West, Volstad, Stanton, and Morrison. Also like Swift said, we are pretty set on multiple position for the next 4 years. SS, 2B (if we lock up Uggla), RF will be above average, and then we at least 3 of the 4 of Dominguez, Morrison, CC, and Gaby to pan out as average 3B, LF, and 1B. That not alot to ask for. If CC plays like shit, then Dominguez can replace him. If Gaby regresses, then Logan can slide in at 1B, and so on. And that is not including the chance we find another 2008-2009 Cantu to fill one of those positions.The only position I am unsure of is CF and C, I have doubts on Maybin and Skipworth.

The rotation will be fine too
        JJ
        Nolasco/Anibal
        And 3 of West, Volstad, Miller, Sanabia, Hand, James, Koehler, Olmos, Rassummen. I personally have more faith in West than most, and think he will develop into a nice #3
        Originally posted by Matt Wilson
        Fish and Chips just became the smartest man on the board
        Tom Koehler(4-0)
        AAA: 7 GS, 40.2 IP, 2.66 ERA, 34 H, 12 ER, 17 BB, 31 SO, GO/AO 0.87, BAA .233 , 1.25 WHIP

Comment

Again though I never said anything about the franchise. Obviously we have a ton of cost controlled talent in the majors. The point is how bad the minors is. Just because a good part of that has to do with call ups doesn't change the fact our minor league system sucks. That's going to be the normal cycle for farm systems. The question now is can we stack it again.

I also cannot get excited at all about a pitcher until he hits at least greensboro. Majority of the time they turn out to be Graham Johnson/Curtis Petersen/ect ect. I think looking at the post-2011 prospect status by talking break outs is far, far too preemptive. Hopefully we'll get some Olmoses though.

Comment

The only breakout I really mentioned was James. A first rounder with substantially better peripheral numbers than shown at first glance heading into an extreme pitchers park isn't very preemptive, I don't think. Most people said the same of Hand last year, and that has somewhat been the case.

If you're talking about the 2010 draftees (+ berglund) I mentioned, I'm not calling out anyone in particular. Just two of those 8 players to live up to their draft status, which may even be a tad optimistic, but that all that is.
            Christian Yelich
            LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
            12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
            100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
            .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Yeah I meant 2010 draftees. It also might not even really be considered optimistic, as the chances of something from our GCL/NYPL/extended spring training core outside of those 2010 draftees (i.e. Brewer) is decent. But I just can't get excited at all, especially on an individual stand point, until they can actual prove their stuff translate to game results.

It's awesome seeing Morey mow down guys in a small sample size for Greensboro though

Comment

Working...
              X