Lol at Our Top 10 Going into the Season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lol at Our Top 10 Going into the Season

sickel's doing his pre-season review and looking at that top 10...

1: Stanton (Call up)
    2: Morrison (Call up)
    3: Dominguez (Static)
    4: James (Static)
    5: Tucker (Crash)
    6: Gaby (Call up)
    7: Cousins (Static/drop)
    8: Petersen (Crash)
    9: Skipworth (Static)
    10: Smolinski (Crash)

IMPRESSIVE. Either they're gone, their value stayed the same, or their value crashed

Too early to do grades now since still nearly a month left, but jesus christ our farm system is going to be depressing next year. No one deserves more then a B, and the only B/B- hitter we have besides Dominguez is Yelich, and the only SP we have are James, Hand, and maybe Olmos (He's been tailing off as the season progresses, but it's also his first healthy season), and the marinez and Ceda for RP. And we don't even have that many C+ guys lol. Not only are we not top heavy but our depth sucks

Our system was depressing going into the year after the top guys, and now the top guys aren't there anymore

Did Yelich sign?
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

They'll restock and you know some guys currently in the system will likely emerge, and the fact that three of those 10 guys look like they're going to be very key pieces for us over the next several seasons (if not more) is very impressive.

Comment

It's going to be interesting to see what our top ten is next year. Who would be number one?
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I mean, I'd love to see 3/4 guys have made the leap into top prospect territory in 2010 and give us that type of talent a team like us needs to develop within, but Jesus Christ we're loaded at the major league level. Aside from catcher (and assuming the Uggla extension gets done) where are you even going to stick a prospect? Even with the Uggla extension, Dominguez is eventually going to play on the big league club so where does that leave one of Coghlan/Gaby/Logan?

The rotation is a mess, but any team would love to develop and lock up a guy like JJ and have complimentary pieces like Ricky and Anibal to surround him.

Comment

If we want to keep Cogs at third and Dan at second then trading Matty is becoming more realistic.
            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
              If we want to keep Cogs at third and Dan at second then trading Matty is becoming more realistic.
              I see the reverse being more likely, with Coghlan being a placeholder for Dominguez, but that's splitting hairs, I guess.
              CSBC Commish

Comment

Originally posted by Swift View Post
                I mean, I'd love to see 3/4 guys have made the leap into top prospect territory in 2010 and give us that type of talent a team like us needs to develop within, but Jesus Christ we're loaded at the major league level. Aside from catcher (and assuming the Uggla extension gets done) where are you even going to stick a prospect? Even with the Uggla extension, Dominguez is eventually going to play on the big league club so where does that leave one of Coghlan/Gaby/Logan?

The rotation is a mess, but any team would love to develop and lock up a guy like JJ and have complimentary pieces like Ricky and Anibal to surround him.
                Yeah the franchise is good outside of upper pitching. And the reason our farm system is barren is because of call ups. Doesn't change the fact it's barren though and it's just funny to me to see our pre-season top 10 now

Comment

If Uggla gets a 3 year deal after this year, I doubt anyone is a placeholder for Dominguez, as when that deal is up Dominguez is still in the 23 yo age range, so Coghlan slides to 2B and Dominguez goes to 3B.
                  Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                    It's going to be interesting to see what our top ten is next year. Who would be number one?
                    I'd personally go with Dominguez though I imagine it'll be James on some lists (I don't like to get too high on pitching prospects until they hit AA though).

Without putting too much thought in it, with the 7 I mentioned above, I'd probably go with Skipworth, Cousins, and Koehler (As his K/BB rises, so does my opinion of him) for the last 3 spots

That's also assuming Sanabia makes a few more starts and loses prospect status.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by Todd View Post
                    If Uggla gets a 3 year deal after this year, I doubt anyone is a placeholder for Dominguez, as when that deal is up Dominguez is still in the 23 yo age range, so Coghlan slides to 2B and Dominguez goes to 3B.
                    There's also the fact that either Coghlan or Uggla can get injured in those years, and having the depth in the minors to replace them is big. Dominguez would become expendable, but there isn't a need to move him.
                    Last edited by nny; 08-14-2010, 04:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Uggla himself could become expendable if the Fish arent in the race at the deadline in the next 2 years. With an affordable contract, he could probably fetch a fairly nice haul.
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

think Hand will be top 3 next year with the way he has progressed this year?

Comment

i really think you guys missing the boat on AA guys
                          been to about 25 games some good players

Comment

Not to beat a dead mibba, but we are looking at possibly have the NL ROY for 3 of the last 5 years, which is an accomplishment in this era with all the emphasis on player development over the last 10 years.

In no particular order, these are the guys in the running for the top 10 next year as far as I see it (this is using current rookie status).

Dominguez
                            James
                            Hand
                            Sanabia
                            Skipworth
                            Ozuna
                            Olmos
                            Ceda
                            Marinez
                            Koehler
                            Ozzie Martinez
                            Yelich
                            Rasmussen

So yes. Pretty weak. All the upside talent is just in the lower levels right now. This time next year, you introduce possible full or half seasons from young guys like Berglund, Realmuto, Brice and the college guys like Canha, Varner, Neal, Morey, Rasmussen, Fisher/Senne (?). One of those guys breaks from each group and it's a completely different list.

2011 probably still holds Dominguez status (hopefully), so your Top 10 is more like...

James (ground balls + no xbh + strikeouts = going to blow up in Jup)
                            Dominguez
                            Hand
                            Olmos
                            Yelich
                            Skipworth (also should be in Jup, which could be horrible)
                            Ozuna (huge power in Gboro)
                            Realmuto/Brice/Berglund
                            Rasmussen
                            Neal/Morey/Canha/Varner
                            2011 first rounder + any other super interesting draftees

That list looks a lot better next year.
                            Christian Yelich
                            LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                            12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                            100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                            .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

quick question have you seen any of theses guys play instead of paper

Comment

Working...
                              X