West Extends Scoreless Streak

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• West Extends Scoreless Streak

Sean West missed the first two months of the 2010 season with the lingering back injury but since he's been activated from the 7-day disabled list and joined the New Orleans Zephyrs' rotation, he has been spectacular.
    The left hander started tonight against Round Rock and once again dominated, notching his second win of the season in a blowout win over the Astros' Triple-A Affiliate. Despite only throwing five innings, the 2005 first-round pick struck out 5 and only walked one while holding the Express batters hitless.
    In three starts, West is 2-0 and has not allowed a single run, extending his scoreless streak tonight to 11 2/3 innings. West has struck out 13 and only walked three.
    With Nate Robertson, the lone lefty in the Marlins' rotation, struggling, West may only be a few starts away from being recalled back to Miami.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Awesome.

Comment

Andrew Miller, take note.

Comment

if he throws strikes bring him up for the 7th

Comment

Still think he has a good chance of being the best of 2005 first rounders.

Comment

It's not like that would be hard to accomplish. :p

Comment

Originally posted by Sashimi View Post
              Still think he has a good chance of being the best of 2005 first rounders.
              I can get on board with this.

Comment

I don't but I'm sure you all knew that. :p

I think he has a chance to be a good major league starter but I still think Volstad will be better.

Comment

West has a legitimate shot to be a true strikeout pitcher in the bigs. Even if both guys are low to mid 4's I'd rather the strikeout guy.

At the moment, you side with Volstad. He's here and doing it at this level. There is little doubt that West has a higher ceiling, and he had the highest ceiling in '05 as well. Give credit to Chris for making it first, but he's pretty much a finished product now. West is still a work in progress, and given historical precedent with lefty strikeout guys, the book is still open until he's 25/26 since thats when it "comes together."

Comment

His scoreless streak ended in the second inning of the first game of today's double header when Jarrod Saltalamacchia hit a solo homer. Here's West's line from today;

6 IP, 7 H, 4 ER, 1 BB, 5 K. He's now 2-1 with a 2.04 ERA.

Comment

Liking the facts the walks are still low

Comment

Yeah, the K to BB is sexy so far. It'd be awesome if it's legit.
                        poop

Comment

West got shelled today

3 1/3 IP 11H 10R, 7ER 0BB 2K
                          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Yuck. Looks like an Andrew Miller line minus the walks.

Comment

West with another good outing today. 6 IP 2 ER 7 K 2 BB

Comment

Working...
                              X