No announcement yet.

GBoro Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If he pitches competitively I will eat a live frog. He will get annihilated at Greensboro. I fully expect him to finish the year with an ERA north of 7 and a WHIP approaching 2, and an OPS against that nears .900.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

You are the worst.

Like, not all of the time. I think you generally get more crap than you deserve most of the time.

But man, on some topics, you are absolutely the worst.

You've never seen him throw even one pitch, and you feel confident saying he'll have an ERA north of 7 in Greensboro?
      poop

Comment

Yeah. Super ridiculous.

By almost all scouting reports, he's got low 90s heat on an above average fastball, an advanced change, and a potential out-pitch slider. Yes, his mechanics might need to be addressed, but that happens to every prep arm coming into an organization.

I'm sure he is more ready for Greensboro than Hand was.
        Christian Yelich
        LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
        12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
        100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
        .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

And we will see. I hated the pick when it happened, I cant say nice things now.
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

I know it doesn't matter, because you are stubborn and you refuse to ever consider that you might be even a little bit wrong when it comes to your absurd prospect opinions, but for the record, nobody who threw more than 13 innings in 2009 had an ERA above 7, and only one in 2009 had an era above 7 with more than about 20 innings.
            poop

Comment

I agree with Todd on maybe the 1st month he will get rocked,alot of walks and little control BUT telling u he will end up like Brad Hand. Start the year with 8BB and 4 wild pitch games and end the year throwing 7 innings of Shutout ball

The kid is a stud

As far as the holdout I could care less I just think its messed up when the kid agrees to a $1.75 mil deal with us and then when we draft him his dad wants another 250k

Its not a big deal but that is why we drafted him over the kid that fell. We had a deal with him and didn't wanna pay a pitcher 4 million

Comment

Originally posted by kylekash View Post
                Yeah, but doesn't the short season start in June? Is Gboro not the lowest level he could be at currently? I'm not 100% sure on all the details of the minors but I think that is so.

He didn't play rookie ball or short season last year because it took a while for him to sign.
                Players that will attend short season ball stay in extended spring training and more or less play against themselves.

(this was kinda already brought up by Bob but wanted to give you a direct response)
                --------------------
                Originally posted by Todd View Post
                And we will see. I hated the pick when it happened, I cant say nice things now.
                I think that's stupid logic. Have progressive thoughts! Don't say "well I thought this before, so I'm going to continue to think it now." As time goes on, more information becomes available, more experience is had, ect ect. Allow your opinions to evolve.
                Last edited by nny; 04-07-2010, 02:06 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

And to be fair, I have never seen anyone call James a stud. His projections have been all over the place. Some think he will be a decent mid rotation starter, some a loogy.
                  Noah Perio
                  Jupiter
                  39 AB
                  15 H
                  0 2B
                  0 3B
                  0 HR
                  0 BB
                  .385/.385/.385

Comment

And to be fair, I have never seen anyone call James a stud. His projections have been all over the place. Some think he will be a decent mid rotation starter, some a loogy.
                    I've never seen anyone say this.
                    poop

Comment

Well I have. Just dont ask me to produce where.
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Where?
                        Christian Yelich
                        LF, Greensboro Grasshoppers
                        12/5/1991 - 19 years old

.299/.375/.461/.836
                        100-334, 24 2B, 0 3B, 10 HR, 38 BB, 74 SO, 26 SB (4 CS)

------------------------------------

Last 10 Games:
                        .394/.512/.697/1.155

Last Update: 7/27/2011

Comment

Well I have. Just dont ask me to produce where.
                          Spectacular!

Meanwhile, from Baseball Prospectus (Has him ranked as our 4th best prospect)

Year in Review: One of the late risers in the draft, James surged up draft charts with some late-season performances in front of throngs of scouting directors.
                          The Good: James is the rare high school arm with a full arsenal. His fastball sits at 90-92 mph, and it was touching 95 consistently by the end of the spring. His slow curveball features heavy downward break, and his changeup is highly advanced for his age.
                          The Bad: James’ delivery has a lot of moving parts, with scouts believing that smooth mechanics could take some of the torque off his arm while improving his average-at-best command and control. He has little experience against top-notch competition, and he’ll need to work on setting up hitters as a pro.
                          Ephemera: James' older brother, Justin, was a fifth-round pick by the Blue Jays in 2003. Justin spent six years in the minors, reaching as high as Triple-A.
                          Perfect World Projection: James projects to be a good third starter, and maybe a bit more.
                          Path to the Big Leagues: He's yet to throw a professional pitch, so let's not get ahead of ourselves.
                          Timetable: Despite signing too late to make his pro debut, the Marlins believe that James' game is mature enough for him to begin 2010 in a full-season league. He’ll start at Low-A Greensboro.
                          poop

Comment

my head hurts

Comment

I also read that Jesus was seen in a taco this morning. Just don't ask me where i found that.

Comment

that's credible fip

Comment

Working...
                                X