No announcement yet.

Marlins Minor League Affiliates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This sucks. Must of been no other AAA affiliates available.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
      This sucks. Must of been no other AAA affiliates available.
      must have
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Sorry teacher. May I be excused to use the restroom?
        Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
        Noah Perio
        Jupiter
        39 AB
        15 H
        0 2B
        0 3B
        0 HR
        0 BB
        .385/.385/.385

Comment

what's wrong with NOLA

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            what's wrong with NOLA
            It's Todd.
            poop

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
              Sorry teacher. May I be excused to use the restroom?
              I am literally a teacher

just for the record
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

New Orleans has the same crappy weather variables as Miami, has a stadium that is meh by AAA standards, , and has some truly horrific attendance numbers. The teams that end up there do so because they have no other choice and get out at the first opportunity, historically.
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

I'm actually with Todd on this one. The stadium is bad, both the way the stadium is set up and the attendance. I went to a college baseball game back in May that had a better stadium and better attendance that New Orleans.

Now, I admit I don't have much experience with minor league stadiums but I have been to the stadium for the Astros AAA affliate in Round Rock and it is so much nicer than the stadium in New Orleans. And that is in a suburb of Austin.

It's better than the absolutely worthless affliation we had with Albuqurque but there has to be a better option for us than NOLA.

Comment

The point is New Orleans is closer to Miami then say Albuqurque is.

Comment

we've now extended with Greensboro

The Greensboro Grasshoppers and Florida Marlins extended their player development contract for two more seasons, the parent Marlins announced.

Greensboro has been an affiliate of the Marlins in the Class A South Atlantic League since 2003. Then, the Greensboro club was called the Greensboro Bats.
                      http://www.thetimesnews.com/sports/l...gton-home.html

Comment

I don't think we will leave Greensboro or Jax for years. Both very nice stadiums,Greensboro has great fans and we put good products.

The reason we are at NOLA is not anything more than its in great spot. We can play our young prospects there and not have to worry about someone hitting 50 HR or a pitcher have a 8.00 ERA. Plus its a easy flight from NOLA to Miami or Jax.

Jamestown is still a problem however the guys play on 5 months there and we have a good relationship. So its not really a major issue-if a guy is destroying the GCL we can always just send them GBoro like we have done before

Comment

Ok...New Orleans has crappy weather variables and bad attendance?

Doesn't that make them the perfect affiliate for us? Aren't the minors to prepare for the majors?

I'd rather we not get a AAA affiliate that outdraws us from time to time, that'd just be embarrassing.

And now comes the part where I quit pretending I give a flying fuck about what our minor league teams attendance is like. Like seriously...who gives a fuck.

Comment

Yeah, why is our AAA attendance an issue?
                            poop

Comment

Because the model in 5 years may very well be the Major League club owning a significant portion of the AAA club. The Braves did it with their AAA team and now San Diego is looking to do it with the Beavers (in SoCa).

Comment

Are we tied into NoLa in 5 years?
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X