Marlins Minor League Affiliates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marlins Minor League Affiliates

Every Marlins farm team PDC expires in 2010 aside from the Hammerheads, who are owned by the Marlins. Other farm teams opening up in 2010:
    AAA:
    International League
    Buffalo Bison
    Charlotte Knights
    Durham Bulls
    Norfolk Tides
    Pawtucket Red Sox
    Rochester Red Wings
    Scranton/Wilkes-Barre Yankees
    Syracuse Chiefs

Pacific Coast League
    Albuquerque Isotopes
    Colorado Springs Sky Sox
    Fresno Grizzlies
    Las Vegas 51s
    Nashville Sounds
    Oklahoma RedHawks
    Omaha Royals
    Portland Beavers
    Reno Aces
    Round Rock Express
    Sacramento River Cats
    Tacoma Rainiers

AA:
    Southern League
    Birmingham Barons
    Carolina Mudcats
    Chattanooga Lookouts
    Huntsville Stars
    Mobile BayBears
    Montgomery Biscuits
    West Tennessee Diamond Jaxx

Eastern League
    Binghampton Mets
    Bowie Baysox
    Erie Seawolves
    Harrisburg Senators
    New Britain Rock Cats
    Richmond Flying Squirrels

Texas League
    Arkansas Travelers
    San Antonio Missions
    Tulsa Drillers

A
    Midwest League
    Bowling Green Hot Rods
    Burlington Bees
    Clinton Lumber Kings
    Fort Wayne Tin Caps
    Great Lakes Loons
    Kane County Cougars
    Lake County Captains
    Lansing Lugnuts
    Quad Cities River Bandits

South Atlantic League
    Augusta GreenJackets
    Delmarva Shorebirds
    Hagarstown Suns
    Hickory Crawdads
    Kannapolis Intimidators
    Lakewood Blue Claws
    Savannah Sand Gnats
    West Virginia Power

Short Season A
    New York-Penn League
    Aberdeen IronBirds
    Auburn Doubledays
    Batavia Muckdogs
    Hudson Valley Renegade
    Lowell Spinners
    Mahoning Valley Scrappers
    Oneonta Tigers
    State College Spikes
    Tri-City ValleyCats
    Vermont Lake Monsters
    Williamsport Crosscutters

Northwest League
    Everett AquaSox
    Spokane Indians
    Tri-City Dust Devils
    Vancouver Canadians
    Yakima Bears

Rookie
    Appalachian League
    Burlington Royals
    Pulaski Mariners

Pioneer League
    Casper Ghosts
    Great Falls Voyagers
    Helena Brewers
    Idaho Falls Chukars
    Missoula Osprey
    Ogden Raptors
    Last edited by Todd; 12-21-2009, 10:01 PM.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

The Marlins should just drop their AAA affiliate and go with two AA affiliates. Better competition there anyway.

WHO'S COMING WITH ME

Comment

Dont be such a wanker.
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

Considering the location of Jax and NOLA, the fact that NOLA is on the good side of the PCL, I'd like to keep both of them. The GCL team plays in Jupiter aswell so I assume we own them? so R isn't moving. That leaves Jamestown and Greensboro, both massive hitters parks so I'd like to see us move from them.

Comment

You can have more than one Rookie team, most teams do actually. I could see them leaving New Orleans, mostly because no one stays there very long(Marlins are their 4th affiliate in 6 years). Probably alot to do with travel in relation to the rest of the PCL and poor crowds(Jacksonville has this problem as well-Greensboro outdrew both of them last year both by total and average attendance).
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

I would also like to add I support the addition of a 2nd rookie team. They tried to a few years ago to get into the Appalachian League I think but it fell through. I dont know what others think but I think it would be a good idea.
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Ya they wont move out of Greensboro. Good location to other minor league teams,great stadium even tho its big,and good fans

They wanted to move to the Appy League 2 years ago to bring all there minor leagues to the South and be closer to Greensboro however its hard because most of the teams own the teams there. Maybe the Mariners would wanna move to the NYPL and open up a spot but I doubt it

The other problem they had was what u gonna do with college players? If u have 2 Rookie teams and no SS team u gonna have 22 yr old pitching to 17 yr olds.I don't mind it however I heard some people would rather let them face good competition and see how they do. That is all SS and Rookie ball really is. Sign a guy and see what he can do. If he is older and is great he moves up,if he is older and sucks u put him on the DL and release him.

But I agree only 1 team with chance to move in Jamestown. Greensboro has to many good things to leave the place(even tho that stadium kills our young arms)

Comment

Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                Ya they wont move out of Greensboro. Good location to other minor league teams,great stadium even tho its big,and good fans

They wanted to move to the Appy League 2 years ago to bring all there minor leagues to the South and be closer to Greensboro however its hard because most of the teams own the teams there. Maybe the Mariners would wanna move to the NYPL and open up a spot but I doubt it

The other problem they had was what u gonna do with college players? If u have 2 Rookie teams and no SS team u gonna have 22 yr old pitching to 17 yr olds.I don't mind it however I heard some people would rather let them face good competition and see how they do. That is all SS and Rookie ball really is. Sign a guy and see what he can do. If he is older and is great he moves up,if he is older and sucks u put him on the DL and release him.

But I agree only 1 team with chance to move in Jamestown. Greensboro has to many good things to leave the place(even tho that stadium kills our young arms)
                You can keep your short season team and still have two rookie teams. The Mariners, which you mentioned, do. As do the Rays, Astros, Cardinals, Mets, and Orioles. The Appalachian League isnt the only option for another Rookie team, as theres also the Pioneer League.

That said, you are right that if anyone was going to move it would probably be Jamestown(I would say New Orleans is just as likely as well though).

I would like to see them move back into the Midwest League for both selfish and practical reasons...one, I could go to the games, and two its hard to really gauge any player in the SALLY league as it is just an unreal environment for hitters. And added to the fact that you go from one extreme in the SALLY to another in the Florida State League, I suspect its one of the reasons the Marlins have had a hard time developing position players from within(the Marlins are one of only 5 teams to have their A and High A teams in the SALLY and FSL...the Phillies, Yankees, Pirates, and Mets are the others).
                Last edited by Todd; 12-24-2009, 10:31 PM.
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Greensboro is a great venue for our young guys to get their first taste of full season baseball. The town itself is big enough to have all the amenities that most kids are used to having at home. The Boosters are very, very helpful for the players and they help the guys out with everything from dishes/microwaves/bed sheets/TVs and I can't imagine better hospitality anywhere else.

It isn't the greatest place for pitchers but you might as well learn the hard way right off the bat IMO. Maybe they could keep the grass a little longer - it is faster than turf there. Hopefully, they continue on in Greensboro because there are a lot of other cities in the SAL that don't come close to what that city has to offer. 7,000 people at just about every game too!

Comment

Yea, Greensboro has the highest attendance of all the Marlins affiliates. But it isnt the only park thats hard on pitchers. The entire league is a hitters league, why I dont really know. Something to do with higher elevations I suppose.
                    Noah Perio
                    Jupiter
                    39 AB
                    15 H
                    0 2B
                    0 3B
                    0 HR
                    0 BB
                    .385/.385/.385

Comment

The Sally isn't a hitters league. Both the sally and midwest league have basically the same OPS.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                        The Sally isn't a hitters league. Both the sally and midwest league have basically the same OPS.

I think the big difference in the SALLY is where you pitch. One park (Greenville) has the exact same dimensions as Fenway. Greensboro is tuff - might be a combo of altitude/dimensions/extremely fast turf) Delmarva is the place to be if you are a pitcher - no carry there at all. I saw Skipworth hit a ball there as hard as anyone I saw hit all summer and it didn't even make it to the warning track!

Living in the Midwest and having seen games here for many years (Kane County/Peoria to name a few), the grass is much greener and slower here than in the South. The Cubs keep their Peoria turf similar to Wrigley - LONG!

As for OPS, I have no idea. Look at the Marlin's A-ball numbers when they were at Kane County versus Greensboro - that might be interesting to see.

Comment

I am still hoping for a 2nd rookie team(there are 8 opening up) and a different AAA affiliate.
                          Noah Perio
                          Jupiter
                          39 AB
                          15 H
                          0 2B
                          0 3B
                          0 HR
                          0 BB
                          .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by Todd View Post
                            a different AAA affiliate.
                            The Marlins have agreed to extend their player-development contract with Triple A New Orleans through 2012.
                            Stanton Takes Five Hit Performance In Stride
                            Sanchez life

Comment

woohoo!
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Working...
                              X