Offseason Sim Day 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offseason Sim Day 1

Saturday is the deadline for free agency and arbitration, all offers must be made before then. We will do another sim on Thursday, so if a player declines an offer you get one more chance before Saturday. It's also the time to non-tender players you don't want on your team next year

And on and on from there
    CSBC Commish

I am a fan of Jermaine Dye signing a three year contract for about what he made last season total.

Losing Bonds and Beltran is gonna hurt, but I've got some cap room to play with.
    poop

Comment

What is the cap for next season?

Comment

I would assume 75 mil again.
        poop

Comment

I think it should be higher. I'm in cap hell.

Comment

I think I'm gonna be looking for that trade exemption thing again.

Mbaabin's gonna be mad.
            poop

Comment

???

Comment

You can trade up to $5 million dollars per year to another team, but you can't go higher than $80 mil.
                poop

Comment

I think one or the other needs to be raised.

If the league wants to maintain a low cap to keep competitive balance, allowing better teams to trade prospects for more cap space will serve the same purpose and promote wise roster management.

Comment

You missed the like 4 page long thread about this. Pretty much nobody had a problem with it.

I like how it is. It gives a little leeway, but it's not ridiculous.
                    poop

Comment

Festa's issue is that he inherited a team who, simply put, was financially pillaged... I've already discussed the action I was willing to take, but Im not going to even think about raising cap or exemption until I see how it plays out over a season or two.
                      CSBC Commish

Comment

Down with the commish!

Penis gave fucking David Bush a long term deal.

Comment

Look, when you've got the chance to lock up Bronson Arroyo, Chris Capuano, Dave Roberts, Akinori Otsuka and Dave Bush for almost 1/3 of your cap space until 2012, you take that, alright?

At first I was all like "Oh, that's not bad for Howard" and then I remember that he was going to make the minimum the next two years and I laughed.
                          poop

Comment

Gah those contracts are absolutely laughable... by the way, for sake of league disclosure, I'm likely going to end up giving Festa A-Rod's original contract, because I even told Penis at the time that that contract was borderline retarded...

So it's going to be like... 3/55 instead
                            CSBC Commish

Comment

I can agree with that.

Can I stagger his yearly salaries?

Even if it doesn't apply to me, we should set up a process to allow new owners to take ridiculously bad contracts off the books.

Comment

Working...
                              X