CSBC Chat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    You got off light. He sent me an IM calling me a pigfucker last night.
    That's what he says to me when he's trying to get into my pants. Also, you missed the joke.

Comment

• Time out. So something that's not allowed is done and the player still gets to stay? F that. Rules are rules. Duran should be an FA.

Comment

• Hi,

I think to avoid these problems in the future, the league needs to codify its rules. Right now it's a hodge podge of threads and polls that leaves a lot to be desired. Based on my experience and browsing this forum, too often many of the rules are a result of some controversy. If you guys want, I can help some, seeing as how I have an interest in seeing that this league is successful.

Comment

• I agree there should be set rules. Making it up as you go along and then enforcing those new rules doesn't work.
          poop

Comment

• I agree with the Bob one. You can't say stupid options arent allowed and then when someone does them, take a shitty pick away and say don't do it again.

Comment

• Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
              I agree with the Bob one. You can't say stupid options arent allowed and then when someone does them, take a shitty pick away and say don't do it again.
              It's not like he just got away with something. He was penalized the pick. What you are not taking away from what PWG said was the contract is being evenly split up for each year. Which in itself is probably worse than the pick since he will be over paying for a mid level pro for years.
              You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

• Honestly, what you don't get is if you arent allowed to do something you shouldn't do it. So here's what's going to happen...If the penalty is only a 2nd round pick, next FA, I'm going to offer the best player 100 million dollars if he's a Cy Young. How's that.

Comment

• That's cool, because if you go by what happened here. That 100M contract will be evenly split up between the years on the deal so you may want to reconsider.
                  --------------------
                  Oh and lose a 2nd rounder
                  Last edited by pdub858; 02-23-2011, 08:18 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                  You know what the difference between Jeremy Lin and Tim Tebow is?... Jeremy Lin is probably a good Quarter Back.

Comment

• Actually, that's not what's happening.

He's giving him the full value of the contract including the option, but there is still the issue of the $50m bonus he offered for a batting bonus. That is not being assessed.

fippuh is right.
                    poop

Comment

• Well this league has always been run on league votes, for almost every situation. Why not just come up with 2 or 3 answers to the problem and vote on it?

Comment

• pdub, you have to be old enough to vote which you sadly arent. This resolution on the Duren/Masset thing is terrible.

Comment

• I am not old enough to vote?

Comment

• Fip, I just defended you. Why the stupid petty attack? You're like 28, act it.
                            poop

Comment

• Hes 29 (I actually took 3 seconds to check his profile). If he had the intelligence to check my profile he would know I am 25.

Comment

• The issue at hand here is, you were up to... 4/40 for Duran, right fip? Mainge now his to pay 20% of his total cap space to a guy who is basically worth an 800 ops.

Mainge's contract is 3/45, which is still a higher valued contract. Regardless of the bonus, Duran was still getting more money and in the same frame of years he wanted. He was going to sign Mainge's deal in all likelihood for two reasons. *a) Duran has a high desire for winner (Mainge is coming off a 94 win season) and b) as I said, Mainge offered him 50% more per year.

*In this regard, at one point I was beating you for Duran despite offering him a bit less than you and then the price started getting over 8M and I wanted no parts of it.

This isn't a matter of nothing happening. I believe this happened once before once the rule was set and, please correct me if I'm wrong, I let that owner keep the player and just removed the option in question without the draft pick being docked.

As for the offer, if someone would like to contribute to formalizing a "CSBC Rulebook" I would be more than happy to help once I see some kind of framework.

And again, regarding the Miggy trade, this is not the first time Bob's done this 5 minute trade and he got called on it last time. At the end of the day, there was no league action aside from asking Ralph to give it a second thought. The trade was never threatened to be vetoed, Bob was never threatened to have any action taken against him. And as I've said a thousand times, it would have looked significantly poor if I had taken Ralph aside behind the scenes... that's not my style.
                                CSBC Commish

Comment

Working...
                                X