Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Training

Well everyone, we're finally here.

During spring training you can have your full 40 man roster participate. In order to do so (and let's say you want extended looks at some guys) you can either set them as starters in your lineup or under lineups you may choose to use the 7 day lineup.

The 7 day lineup option allows you to set a different lineup for each day.

Additionally, be sure to set not only the lineups but also the depth charts as setting the depth chart prevents you from exhausting a player. Exhausted players do not play well, so rest is very good.

At this stage, we're going to try to sim a day of spring training every day (beginning this evening) and be done with it by Thursday, then roll into the season.

The sim schedule for the season will be either 3 or 4 days per week.

So for those that do not enjoy reading: Spring Training begins tonight so make sure you set your lineups, pitching staff roles and depth charts.

AND PLEASE REMEMBER, YOU MUST EXPORT YOUR TEAM IN ORDER FOR IT TO REFLECT IN THE ACTUAL LEAGUE FILE
    Last edited by Swifty; 11-02-2009, 10:36 AM.

Alright, my team is set and exported as far as I can tell. Game on!

Comment

Alrighty lady and gents, the league file is simmed up until the start of ST (so you can take your full 40 man).

Please make sure you download this latest file, set whatever you wish to do, and we are ready to get things started tonight.

(and the league file is in the process of uploading now, should be ready around 12:05 PM)
      Last edited by Swifty; 11-02-2009, 11:01 AM.

Comment

What time do we need to get our lineups in because I won't be home till 7pm

Comment

I'm not going to have a chance to do this until like 8 tonight at the earliest.

poop

Comment

Dammit, I set my whole team just before you uploaded the new one.

Comment

What time do we need the lineup in by because I'm not going to be home till around 7pm because I'm in class now and then have work.

Comment

I won't be able to run the sim much before 8 anyway, so let's say that 8 is the deadline.

Comment

I wanna run a 6-man rotation through spring training but I can't figure out how to change 5-man to 6-man. Can someone help?

Comment

Great question, here's how you do it:

After opening OOTP follow these steps:

Manager -> Home Page -> Select your pitching staff.

Once the pitching staff screen opens in the bottom left of OOTP you should see three options:

Rotation Size
                    Next Starter
                    Rotation mode

To run a 6 man rotation, make sure the size is set to '6 man rotation' and that rotation mode is set to 'strict order'

Then, above those three options, you should see a box called starting rotation, drag the players you want in the rotoation, 1-6, to their corresponding spots.

Comment

Oh, I see, you have to click on 5-man rotation to change it. I thought it would have a drop down box.

Thanks

Comment

*exported*

Pittsburgh gets crushed by Lincecum and the Snow Crabs tonight

Comment

The sad news is that it's surprisingly likely

CSBC Commish

Comment

Swift mentioned that the plan is to sim one game per night but then lists that we'll finish up by Thursday. Did he actually mean one week per night?

Comment

Yeah, when I said "day of spring training" I meant run a sim each day, since during the regular season we won't do 1 sim every day. We'll probably end up simming 6 games at a time for the spring, 5 a time for the regular season and during the regular season have a 4 sim / week schedule.

Comment

Working...
                              X