Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing 2013 to 2006

http://miami.marlins.mlb.com/news/ar...s_mia&c_id=mia

I feel like the 2006 lineup was better, but I suppose it's something to look forward to. The two World Series seasons aside, 2006 was the most fun I've had as a Marlins fan. They only won 78 games, but considering they were supposed to suck/how they started 11-31, it ended up being a fun, exciting year.
    Last edited by Erick; 01-03-2013, 02:25 PM.

Link is broken, Erick.
    LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Sorry, it should be working now.

Comment

I forgot they were in the second year of a new stadium in 2006

Comment

I forgot you became oakelmpine this offseason.

Comment

So, we're not going to be allowed to talk about anything this season, huh?
            poop

Comment

We can talk about Tebow getting ready for Jaguars training camp.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

This team is going to be awesome this season! Hechevarria will win the batting title! Turner for Cy Young! Donavan Solano for MVP!

Comment

And Norris Cole for President

Comment

Anyone got any zips/other projections on the relative teams pre season? Gotta think that 06 was a much better bet to hit 70+wins...
                    Last edited by Cambridge; 01-03-2013, 06:30 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Cambridge View Post
                      Anyone got any zips/pther projections on the relative teams pre season? Gotta think that 06 was a much better bet to hit 70+wins...
                      this is some solid revisionist history.
                      poop

Comment

Are we not allowed to be fans of the team anymore?

I don't get the "Hechevarria will win the batting title, Turner Cy Young, Solano MVP!" thing.

I also don't get the stadium thing.

It's as though the people on this board who hate Loria think the others believe this will be a good team this year or something? I really don't get it. I don't think anyone has really blindly supported ownership here to be that condescending.

The article is simply drawing comparisons between this unproven 2013 team to the unproven 2006 team that surprised a lot of people.

It's cool that you just hate the owners and you think they're clowns, etc., but you have to move on at some point, no?

Like, it's 2013, the Marlins exist, and the team will have 25 players on its roster in April. Some of the players on the team will probably be big-league caliber and fun to watch. Others will probably suck.

It's a new topic so why not just discuss the new topic? There are plenty of other topics available to bash ownership.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Cambridge View Post
                        Anyone got any zips/pther projections on the relative teams pre season? Gotta think that 06 was a much better bet to hit 70+wins...
                        Not really.
                        Last edited by Erick; 01-03-2013, 06:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I think Samson said somebody will be an all star so that's where the weird condescending thing comes from. It's weird because we're not Samson and Samson isn't here so it's kind of condescending and sarcastic for the purpose of being condescending and sarcastic. A point can't be made, because there isn't really anyone to make the point to, ya know?

Comment

You're allowed to be a fan of the 2013 Marlins, Erick.

So are the other 1,500 people who still support the organization.

Just like I'm allowed to be a fan of the Blue Jays.

Comment

So, we're going to get rid of the Marlins part of the forum, right?
                              poop

Comment

Working...
                              X