Comparing 2013 to 2006

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    So, we're going to get rid of the Marlins part of the forum, right?
    We'll just make one big game thread for the whole year. Only Erick will be posting in it since everyone else stopped watching.

Comment

Worst case scenario, all of our pitchers will still be better than Chris Volstad.

Comment

Originally posted by THE_REAL_MIBS View Post
        We'll just make one big game thread for the whole year. Only Erick will be posting in it since everyone else stopped watching.
        You mean like the last 2 months of last season?

Shame we blew up that exciting team that everyone here loved.

Comment

So, we're going to get rid of the Marlins part of the forum, right?
          Why would we get rid of the Marlins part of the forum?
          --------------------
          Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          Shame we blew up that exciting team that everyone here loved.

Actually, no. The shame is what they did with the money that they saved by blowing up that exciting team.
          Last edited by Namaste; 01-04-2013, 07:13 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

But the exciting part, ya know?

Comment

I'm giving them a pass on what they're doing with the money until the 2014 free agent class.

I don't expect them to have much of a plan, but maybe one is there

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                I'm giving them a pass on what they're doing with the money until the 2014 free agent class.

So we can sign John Buck and pass on Robinson Cano?

Other than Cano, Ellsbury and Morneau, the 2014 class is pretty weak for young, good hitters.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post

C – Salty, McCann, C. Ruiz

1B – C. Hart, Morneau, Morse, K. Morales (M. Young)

2B – Infante, A. Hill, Utley (M. Young)

SS - Barmes, Furcal

3B – Prado, M. Young (Utley)

CF – Ellsbury, Crisp, C. Gomez

OF – Choo, N. Cruz, Beltran, Pence (C. Hart)

SP (Top end) – Lester, J. Johnson, Wainwright, Garza, Haren, Lincecum

SP (Mid Rotation) – Carpenter, G. Floyd, Ubaldo, E. Santana, Nolasco, T. Hudson, Maholm, S. Baker, Arroyo, Wandy, De La Rosa, Lilly, Capuano, Volquez, Zito

RP – Madson, Hanrahan, Balfour, Putz, O’Flaherty, F. Francisco, Mujica, J. Lopez
                  --------------------
                  Not very exciting, and I suspect Prado (who probably makes the most sense as a bat being able to do 2B/3B) will be resigned. I didn't even list Cano who is a given.

It's a bunch of pitchers next year, and the Marlins will have plenty of club controlled options.

Nothing is coming. If they wanted to spend or were interested in trying to win, they would have kept Reyes, and went hard on BJ/Bourn and Marcum/Lohse/whoever.
                  Last edited by lou; 01-04-2013, 11:37 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I want to stop following this team, but I know it's not happening so I might as well hope there's a plan in place instead of just shitting on them at every corner.

(Note: I will be shitting on them on most corners)

Comment

Ditching Reyes especially (ignoring not signing anyone besides Polanco and Pierre, and no extension for Stanton), shows there is no long term plan, as even if someone wants to say "backload," the sheer volumes of CC guys they will have 3-5 years from now will completely offset Reyes salary.

There is no plan besides hoping all the prospects work out and seeing what's up post 2014. That would be cool if this wasn't the second year in a brand new stadium when things should be turning around. But it is.

Clowns

Comment

Originally posted by Cambridge View Post
                        Anyone got any zips/other projections on the relative teams pre season? Gotta think that 06 was a much better bet to hit 70+wins...
                        this is some solid revisionist history.
                        2006 PECOTA and Diamond Mint had us at 70-92. ZiPS had us at 72-90.

http://yankeefan.blogspot.com/2006/0...n-blowout.html

So, yeah. Revisionist and all.
                        Originally posted by Madman81
                        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Projection systems are inherently conservative. I would bet this team ends up around 70 projected wins as well.

But that team was just as poorly thought of as this one.
                          poop

Comment

That's not the point. Cambridge said he bet a projection would have had 06 at 70+ wins and you said that was revisionist history. Admit when you're wrong.
                            Originally posted by Madman81
                            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

That is the point.

Gotta think that 06 was a much better bet to hit 70+wins...
                              If this team is also projected to hit 70 wins, Bobbob is not wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                That's not the point. Cambridge said he bet a projection would have had 06 at 70+ wins and you said that was revisionist history. Admit when you're wrong.
                                I was referring to the idea that that team was somehow more well regarded heading into the season than this one. I do not think that will be true. That team was pretty widely expected to be putrid.

I'll admit that I didn't explain myself well enough, I guess?

But you're also misrepresenting what that guy said.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X