Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Bullpen Blows Another Lead; Fish Fall To Astros 5-4

Discuss.

I don't know what's worse; the fact that the bullpen has blown two games or the fact that Lindstrom has SAVED both of those games against us.

Comment

I was hoping for a sexier post game thread title

Getting swept by Houston would be kind of bad right?

Luckily for the Marlins these games don't matter.

Comment

Houston is a completely different team with Puma in the lineup

Comment

Yeah; the Astros really aren't that bad of a team.

Comment

I understand that our bullpen blew tonights game, but two infield singles, and a "triple" that should have been at most a double...it wasnt totally an implosion. Im a little scared at our offensive production lately, but Im not overly concerned with anything that has happened in the last two games, not any more so than I already was.

Comment

The Astros a bad team. Evidently, so are the Marlins.

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
                I was hoping for a sexier post game thread title

Getting swept by Houston would be kind of bad right?

Luckily for the Marlins these games don't matter.
                I think you are legitimately upset with me
                Record when He pitches: 3-2

Comment

The Astros a bad team. Evidently, so are the Marlins.
                  So because the Marlins lose 2 (maybe 3) of 3 to the Astros, they are a bad team?

Even the worst teams in baseball are going to win 40% of the time

Comment

Yea, I'm not concerned that we're losing to the Astros. They just happen to be getting it together right now. The 7th inning was a fluke... two crappy infield singles set up the one big hit they had.

I'm more concerned that JJ has only had one real solid start this season and the rest has been meh... and also the fact that the defense is usually good for one gigantic cluster-fuck a game. It's sad that this team can't even handle a simple thing like a run-down

Hopefully their defense can improve somewhat as the season goes on.

Comment

Hi guys, new to this forum (thanks Mainge).

Scary right now. This team can either get its act together or have a total meltdown. It just feels like a meltdown is coming instead of the other way.

Whoever put this bullpen together should be shot.

We've had I believe 2 games so far that have felt, "comfortable", all the others have been either losses or hanging on by your nails kind of wins. What kind of moves are available to be made ? Any pitching help in AAA or AA ?

Comment

You guys can rationalize it any way you want. "The Astros just happen to be getting it all together". "All teams win 40% of their games". etc etc.

The Marlins are not a bad team solely because they just lost 2 games to the Astros. The Marlins are bad team because their starting pitching is not nearly as efficient as it was last year and the bullpen is worse than last year. Oh and the defense still sucks.

Someone show me how the Marlins have been a good team this season. They were the beneficiary of more than their fair share of 1 run wins if I'm not mistaken also.

Comment

Originally posted by kylekash View Post
                          Yea, I'm not concerned that we're losing to the Astros. They just happen to be getting it together right now. The 7th inning was a fluke... two crappy infield singles set up the one big hit they had.

I'm more concerned that JJ has only had one real solid start this season and the rest has been meh... and also the fact that the defense is usually good for one gigantic cluster-fuck a game. It's sad that this team can't even handle a simple thing like a run-down

Hopefully their defense can improve somewhat as the season goes on.
                          Well they have been one of the bottom defense teams for 3 or 4 years now. What makes you think that will change ? A team shows what it is, and they are bad to awful on defense and that will not change until we have different players.

Comment

This is definitely one of those collective team losses with a bunch of fluky shit in between.

Comment

You guys can rationalize it any way you want. "The Astros just happen to be getting it all together". "All teams win 40% of their games". etc etc.

The Marlins are not a bad team solely because they just lost 2 games to the Astros. The Marlins are bad team because their starting pitching is not nearly as efficient as it was last year and the bullpen is worse than last year. Oh and the defense still sucks.

Someone show me how the Marlins have been a good team this season. They were the beneficiary of more than their fair share of 1 run wins if I'm not mistaken also.
                              To sum your post up in a few words, "its gonna be a long, long season".

Comment

Working...
                              X