No announcement yet.

Bullpen Blows Another Lead; Fish Fall To Astros 5-4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea the defense has been really bad for a while. I guess it's just wishful thinking that some of the guys can improve since they are such young players. Hanley had cut down on his errors a bit the past couple seasons, but he has been really bad at times this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Daft View Post
      They were the beneficiary of more than their fair share of 1 run wins if I'm not mistaken also.
      You mean last year, right? If so, then yes, you are not mistaken.

If you're talking about 2010, then it's different. They're 2-2 in 1 run games this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
        This is definitely one of those collective team losses with a bunch of fluky shit in between.
        Yeah fluky but it still counts.....

Comment

You guys can rationalize it any way you want. "The Astros just happen to be getting it all together". "All teams win 40% of their games". etc etc.

The Marlins are not a bad team solely because they just lost 2 games to the Astros. The Marlins are bad team because their starting pitching is not nearly as efficient as it was last year and the bullpen is worse than last year. Oh and the defense still sucks.

Someone show me how the Marlins have been a good team this season. They were the beneficiary of more than their fair share of 1 run wins if I'm not mistaken also.
          I scratch my head sometimes as to how this team has 8 wins. The only bright spot has been the line-up. That rotation has been ok, with JJ being a big disappointment so far. The bullpen has been shit. The defense has its peaks and valleys.

Comment

I aint too worried about JJ yet. I think he is putting too much pressure on himself to live up to the contract.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

Originally posted by kylekash View Post
              Yea the defense has been really bad for a while. I guess it's just wishful thinking that some of the guys can improve since they are such young players. Hanley had cut down on his errors a bit the past couple seasons, but he has been really bad at times this year.
              Who is "so young" ? Uggla ? Cantu ? Hanley ? Gaby - maybe I give you that one, but the rest have been in the Big Boy leagues for at least 5 years now (Cantu even longer I believe) and that means they are no longer "kids", we have to stop thinking they are so young. I believe Tampa & the Braves are younger, yet they don't have these "young guys" problems.

Comment

Originally posted by wanks1212 View Post
                You mean last year, right? If so, then yes, you are not mistaken.

If you're talking about 2010, then it's different. They're 2-2 in 1 run games this year.

I was mistaken then. I thought we were better than that in 2010 but I forgot about his week.

And Ramp, I've never been a doomsday Marlins poster. When posters are throwing in the white flag in the 5th inning in game threads I'm usually looking at it in a more positive light.

Remember, I'm just stating my opinion. The Marlins are bad. I love them but the meltdown's are becoming so predictable.

Comment

I was mistaken then. I thought we were better than that in 2010 but I forgot about his week.

And Ramp, I've never been a doomsday Marlins poster. When posters are throwing in the white flag in the 5th inning in game threads I'm usually looking at it in a more positive light.

Remember, I'm just stating my opinion. The Marlins are bad. I love them but the meltdown's are becoming so predictable.
                  I love them too, I just hope they can tap that inner soul of Jackie Robinson soon and get out there and play like they want it. Right now it seems that many of them just don't seem to care. I sense no urgency on this team.

Comment

No argument here. I just took your "the Astros are bad.... evidently the Marlins are too" as if you were saying we were bad because we lost 2 from the Astros.
                    --------------------
                    Originally posted by DolfanJake View Post
                    I love them too, I just hope they can tap that inner soul of Jackie Robinson soon and get out there and play like they want it. Right now it seems that many of them just don't seem to care. I sense no urgency on this team.
                    Yikes. Playing like they want it? No sense for urgency? Sports clichés !
                    Last edited by Ramp; 04-21-2010, 10:16 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

FREDI NEEDS TO LIGHT A FIRE UNDER THEIR ASSES

Comment

Hanley doesn't care. Everyone knows that.

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                          No argument here. I just took your "the Astros are bad.... evidently the Marlins are too" as if you were saying we were bad because we lost 2 from the Astros.
                          --------------------

Yikes. Playing like they want it? No sense for urgency? Sports clichés !
                          But they have truth in them, then they are appropriate !

Comment

Originally posted by Festa View Post
                            Hanley doesn't care. Everyone knows that.
                            And now that JJ got his money it looks like he doesn't care either

Comment

Now we know why Uggla wants his extension.

Comment

Originally posted by DolfanJake View Post
                                But they have truth in them, then they are appropriate !
                                I find that hard to believe

Comment

Working...
                                X