No announcement yet.

Marlins Show Talent Gap Against College Players and Announcers, Win 19-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Marlins Show Talent Gap Against College Players and Announcers, Win 19-3

JUPITER, Fla. — Hanley Ramirez hit a three-run homer in his first at-bat of spring training and the Florida Marlins beat the Miami Hurricanes 19-3 Wednesday.

Ramirez singled in the third inning and scored. Dan Uggla had a double and a single off the wall in two at-bats, and Jai Miller hit a three-run homer.

Starter Ricky Nolasco allowed one hit in two innings.

Hurricanes freshman starter Jerad Grundy gave up six runs in 2 2-3 innings.
    http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...2iU6wD9E7EJMO0
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

And Ernesto turned in a performance for the ages.

Comment

"And it goes out of bounds for a standup single, after he got a hit that was a 6-3 out recorded."

Comment

Well, I can tell by the game thread that you all enjoyed the broadcast

I had a lot of fun. I'm a kid in business school, doing this for shits and giggles. I think it's awesome that I get to go to the games and at least take a stab at broadcasting. Glad I could at least provide a few laughs

Comment

Originally posted by McLevin View Post
          Well, I can tell by the game thread that you all enjoyed the broadcast

I had a lot of fun. I'm a kid in business school, doing this for shits and giggles. I think it's awesome that I get to go to the games and at least take a stab at broadcasting. Glad I could at least provide a few laughs
          It's funny, of course, but I think most people don't understand how hard it is to sound natural at that job. I've done a bunch of baseball games and some football, and it's not as easy as it seems.
          poop

Comment

Yeah, it is tough to sound natural

It was my first game ever on air though, so I'm pretty happy about how it went

Comment

It was funny but like bobs said, it isn't that easy, you did well enough. If I were doing color I'd just yell over the pbp guy GET THE FUCK OUT

Comment

I did mostly color for baseball last year, but there was one game where I unexpectedly had to do PBP for the last 4 innings of the game. That was probably really bad.
                poop

Comment

Mclevin, do you know ernesto?

Comment

I would hope there would a talent gap between the Marlins and a college team, except maybe one with Tom, Tom Turbow.
                    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

I did one baseball game last year and surprisingly there's a lot of time to fill.

Comment

That's why announcers usually go into subtopics every half inning. It is never just what's going on in the game.

Comment

Call me crazy, but I think the one man booth for baseball, especially on radio, works better. Too bad the old time baseball guys are on the way out and we're hearing less and less of that, it's why I love to listent to Van Horne and Vin Scully while I still can.

Comment

I really dislike Dave Van Horne. He's got the voice, but he really doesn't do that great of a job.
                            poop

Comment

Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
                              I did one baseball game last year and surprisingly there's a lot of time to fill.
                              Surprisingly? Baseball has so much idle time with all the pitchouts, dudes stepping out of the batters box, pitchers fondling themselves, and pitchers shaking off signals. I'd imagine baseball would be the hardest to fill time with.

Basketball and hockey are probably easy. Football probably isn't bad because of how it's structured.
                              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Working...
                              X