No announcement yet.

Marlins Show Talent Gap Against College Players and Announcers, Win 19-3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Football does not leave much time for filler. You can't do a lot of the story telling, and it's hard to really get in depth with your analysis.
    poop

Comment

I don't know how Hockey announcers constantly know who's on the ice and who has the puck. The game is so fast, and players switch out constantly, everyones wearing helmets. I know they have numbers, but it seems like it'd be impossible to always be able to see the back of the jersey.

Comment

Football players, especially in college, switch out a bunch too. You just have to study the rosters.

With the home team, you start to get a feel for how specific players look and move before long.

Most of it is bluffing. You can always correct yourself later.
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by ¿NICK? View Post
          I don't know how Hockey announcers constantly know who's on the ice and who has the puck. The game is so fast, and players switch out constantly, everyones wearing helmets. I know they have numbers, but it seems like it'd be impossible to always be able to see the back of the jersey.
          Hockey players generally have distinctions (how they skate, handedness, how they tuck the jersey) that makes them stand out.

Besides, a hockey call doesn't always have the player's name leading the call, it's a lot of "puck sent in deep, Crosby chases, digs it out, throws it in front....scores! Jarome Iginla off the great feed by Crosby!" The only time hockey is hard is if it's 4th line against 4th line, but that's only going to be 6 minutes or so of the game. To me, the hardest to call would be football; there's not a whole lot going on to the untrained eye and even less to describe. I mean, how do you spice up "Ronnie Brown falls forward for 3 yards"

Comment

Working...
          X