No announcement yet.

Errors Cost Marlins, D-Backs Overcome Blown Save To Win Series 6-5

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Errors Cost Marlins, D-Backs Overcome Blown Save To Win Series 6-5

Good pitch, tough break. The leadoff runner usually finds a way to score if he gets on in those situations. Cant give up a 4-run lead on the road and expect to win often.

Comment

Definitely the most frustrating loss of the year.

Comment

ran into a really hot team

it happens

Comment

Hopper has no hop

Comment

Originally posted by FishFF View Post
            Hopper has no hop
            Hes not a strikeout pitcher at all, and unfortunately contact can sometimes be bloop hits. Dont have a problem with him pitching around Johnson and Upton with the winning run on 3rd.

Comment

Why would you pitch around Upton to bring in a left handed batter in Drew who was 3-4?

Comment

If hopper started I think we would have a mibs 2.0

Comment

I thought the loss to the Phillies at home when Gaby did a Billy Buckner was more disappointing.

Anyway, Javy hit a wall in the 6th, but great news that he dominated for five in a hitters ballpark.

Also a good job to fight back and tie it against Putz in the 9th. Nice to see Buck finally show some power.

Whatever, 31-23 and 5-4 on the road trip is cool. Need to start playing better at home now.
                  --------------------
                  Also, I'm going to say that Hensley's gonna be out for the year; that didn't look good at all.
                  Last edited by Erick; 06-01-2011, 09:44 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by FishFF View Post
                    If hopper started I think we would have a mibs 2.0
                    I dont like him near that much. If anything, I like him because he does not look like a major league pitcher at all. Hes an adequate long man, no more, no less.

RH are hitting .265 off him (2008-2010) .231 (2011)
                    LH are hitting .260 off him (2008-2010) .250 (2011)

I dont think he was pitching around Upton, but I dont think he was going to throw him a sinker for a strike. He missed with the change, then went to the slider and gave up a bloop hit.

I do think his repertoire of pitches is just as effective to a lefty than to a righty, not that I think he shouldve gone after Drew instead of Upton.

Comment

As soon as I saw Hensley go down I was thinking that this has to be an opportunity for the Fish to finally call up Ceda (this season). The guy has been amazing this year and deserves a shot.

Comment

Comment

exactly, Nick

Comment

Originally posted by Big Z View Post
                            As soon as I saw Hensley go down I was thinking that this has to be an opportunity for the Fish to finally call up Ceda (this season). The guy has been amazing this year and deserves a shot.
                            Except that we've been carrying 9 relievers, 4 starters and have been essentially going with a three man bench with Hanley hurt. We need a 5th starter on the 7th and, depending on how Hanley is feeling, it wouldn't be a bad idea to bring in another bench bat until we need that 5th starter.

Not saying he doesn't deserve to not be called up but there's really no room for him with the way the roster is looking right now.

Comment

That's if they keep Cishek there.

Comment

Working...
                              X