Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offense Forgets How To Hit After 2nd Inning; LA Salvages Final Game 5-4 in Extras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Postgame: Offense Forgets How To Hit After 2nd Inning; LA Salvages Final Game 5-4 in Extras

I'm all for keeping the 2/3 train chugging along.
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Comment

still annoyed that Brett Hayes had to bunt in the 9th

more annoyed that Cousins struck out in the 9th

bullpen was bad, but everyone is allowed a shite day

Comment

Hanley still can't square up a pitch.

Hayes has been hitting the ball well and they ask him to bunt with a guy in scoring position.

Cousins swings at shit.

blehhhh

Comment

definitely some bizarre moves today

double switch bringing out Coghlan for Cousins

Mujica throws just 1 pitch before being yanked

Comment

I done with Scotty Cousins for now. That was putrid.
            "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
            - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Was that really statistically wrong to bunt with Hayes there? I'm pretty sure your odds of scoring one run are better with a runner at 3rd and 1 out, over a runner at 2nd and no one out. I could be wrong, though.

And while Brett Hayes has been hitting the ball well, it's only been like 11 AB's and he's never, ever been a good hitter before.

Cousins just fucked it up.

And the double switch made no sense, really.

Comment

Im curious to hear the reasoning on the Coghlan switch.
                poop

Comment

To be honest, I think there were a ton of reasons to still be positive about this loss.

- Most of our pitchers seemed to be off (Sanchez, Hensley, Webb were all losing pitches up while Dunn threw a ton of pitches) and yet we still mostly got out of trouble.
                  - Infante is ripping the ball and looks like he's about to get hot
                  - CC is still ripping the ball
                  - The defense is so much better than last year even during losses

2/3 and on to the next stop
                  God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                  - Daft

Comment

CC can't really rip the ball while on the bench though!

Comment

Some of these reporters are a bunch of dumbasses.

Instead of asking about the Coghlan move, this douchebag asks why he used Buck over Helms. Of all the questions to ask...you ask that one.

Comment

CC left with shoulder soreness. That's the reason Cousins came in. Mujica being pulled after 1 pitch is still a mystery.

Twitter

JCRMarlinsbeat: Chris Coghlan left Monday's game with shoulder soreness. #marlins
                        Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 04-27-2011, 02:50 PM.

Comment

I love Edwin madly, but there was a bit of over managing out there today with the use of the bullpen and having Hayes bunt.

Besides that, games like this happen. We've played 8 series this year and have won 6 of them so that's pretty cool.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Originally posted by mbaamin08 View Post
                            CC left with left shoulder soreness. That's the reason Cousins came in. Mujica being pulled after 1 pitch is still a mystery.
                            Makes sense.
                            --------------------
                            Originally posted by Chewie View Post
                            I love Edwin madly, but there was a bit of over managing out there today with the use of the bullpen and having Hayes bunt.

Besides that, games like this happen. We've played 8 series this year and have won 6 of them so that's pretty cool.
                            Why is the Hayes play a bad call?

Also, it works both ways. If he doesn't use the pen the way he used it, the game is over way before the 10th. Webb and, more specifically, Hensley were not good today. The guys he brought in to replace them in each respective inning (Choate, Mujica) got out of jams.
                            Last edited by Erick; 04-27-2011, 02:50 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I'm pretty sure more people are confused with Mujica being done after 1 pitch, not the fact Edwin replaced Webb and Hensley.

Also Hayes was hitting the ball well and you got a guy that has been struggling hitting behind him who strikes out a ton.

Comment

Working...
                              X