Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offense Forgets How To Hit After 2nd Inning; LA Salvages Final Game 5-4 in Extras

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why? If Mujica gives up one of his patented homeruns in the 9th everyone is hating on Edwin. He made the right calls Cousins just ciouldn't put the ball in play.
    "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
    - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
      I'm pretty sure more people are confused with Mujica being done after 1 pitch, not the fact Edwin replaced Webb and Hensley.

Also Hayes was hitting the ball well and you got a guy that has been struggling hitting behind him who strikes out a ton.
      Yup, these thoughts echo mine exactly.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph View Post
        Why? If Mujica gives up one of his patented homeruns in the 9th everyone is hating on Edwin. He made the right calls Cousins just ciouldn't put the ball in play.
        If Leo gives up a HR then it goes the same why doesn't it?

Comment

I'm pretty sure more people are confused with Mujica being done after 1 pitch, not the fact Edwin replaced Webb and Hensley.

Also Hayes was hitting the ball well and you got a guy that has been struggling hitting behind him who strikes out a ton.
          Yeah, but that's still a situation where one run wins you a game. You trust Cousins to not chase every crappy breaking ball thrown to him; he just didn't get the job done. Basically, any type of contact on that play, and we sweep the series.

The Mujica move after one pitch was questionable, but it's not as if it really cost us the game. We didn't necessarily run out of relievers. He went with his closer, and then Sanches is good for 3-4 innings on a good day.
          --------------------
          Leo is the more reliable option in that situation, to be fair. He's the better reliever of the two, and the one less prone to giving up a HR.
          Last edited by Erick; 04-27-2011, 02:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Originally posted by Chewie View Post
            I love Edwin madly, but there was a bit of over managing out there today with the use of the bullpen and having Hayes bunt.

Besides that, games like this happen. We've played 8 series this year and have won 6 of them so that's pretty cool.
            7 isn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
              7 isn't it?
              6-1-1.
              One of the games in Philly was rained out, so we split that series.

Comment

Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                7 isn't it?
                Phillies series was a split since there was a rain out.

Comment

nope most managers put their closers out for the 9th in home games pretty much all the time.
                  "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                  - Michael Johnson

Comment

nope most managers put their closers out for the 9th in home games pretty much all the time.
                    People would still question why didn't he stay with Mujica after just throwing one pitch.

Comment

yea, no one is necessarily upset at the move, but it's certainly questionable

and who cares what most managers do?... most of them are idiots

Comment

Okay, I guess CC hurt his right shoulder. This kind of worries me.

JoeFrisaro: first time in Cogz career #Marlins he takes himself out do to pain. Right shoulder acting up. Hopes to play Friday. Wait and see
                        /Twitter

Comment

Yeah, we can't lose Coghlan.

Comment

We can agree to disagree but IMO in a home game with the game tied you bring the best pitcher you have available out in the 9th.
                            - Michael Johnson

Comment

1st place will be shorted lived it looks like...for now.

Comment

Edwin pulled Badenhop after a one pitch double play last year. I think his mindset is that he doesn't care where the reliever's pitch-count is, if he only needed him (or wanted him) for that 1/3 or 2/3 of an inning, great game, see you later.
                                --------------------
                                We can agree to disagree but IMO in a home game with the game tied you bring the best pitcher you have available out in the 9th.
                                I agree, give your guys a chance to win in the bottom of the 9th, not hold out in case it goes 13.
                                Last edited by Swifty; 04-27-2011, 03:27 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X