No announcement yet.

Jack McKeon Returns as Interim Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not that anyone in the Marlins organization thinks Trader Jack is over the hill. Team President David Samson said of McKeon Monday, "he's sharper than half the people we have working with us."
    Lol

Comment

I think that's a gross understatement.
      Originally posted by Namaste View Post
      Jack's first order of business: Shutting down LoMo's twitter account.
      The fact that he even knows what Twitter is should be seen as an accomplishment. This is a man who, on purpose or otherwise, has never met a name he could remember.

Glad to have him back, though. And wearing a great number!
      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
      - Daft

Comment

Did he really make Morrison shut down the twitter account or is that a joke?

Comment

Joke.
          --------------------
          Lowell was on 790 talking about Jack saying he never looked at stats for match ups. He never believed in any of that stuff. Get ready for Randy Choate to face 3 straight righties!
          Last edited by MiamiHomer; 06-20-2011, 04:23 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Dang

Comment

Not sure why Choate would be facing righties since it flies in the face of conventional baseball logic, but ISWYDT.

Then again, whatever we've been doing sucks monkey nuts so might as well be CRAZY
              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
              - Daft

Comment

Or should I have gone with sacrificing guys over with LoMo and Gaby in the 1st and 2nd inning.

Comment

OMG, this is going to be fun.

Jack McKeon’s first move in his second go-around as the Marlins manager was to bench Hanley Ramirez.

Ramirez, the three-time All-Star arrived late to the clubhouse Monday, showing up after McKeon called the team together for a 3:30 p.m. meeting, according to people in the organization. When asked if he knew why he was not in the lineup Ramirez said “no,” before joining his teammates to stretch.

When McKeon was asked if there was a reason Ramirez is not in the lineup he said: “Yeah, because I didn’t put him in there.” He added that he didn’t like the way Ramirez was running on Sunday. McKeon was in North Carolina on Sunday at a softball game in which his granddaughter was playing. Ramirez was going 0-for-3 in St. Petersburg against the Rays, dropping his average to .201.

McKeon, who was introduced as the team’s interim manager just more than 24 hours after Edwin Rodriguez resigned Sunday morning, said during his press conference he would not be afraid to make the tough decisions.

“If you try to be (the players’) friend that will get you fired,” he said.

President of baseball operations Larry Beinfest said on Monday that McKeon has sole autonomy on all on-field decisions.

“He can get the attention of the team very quickly and get them moving in the right direction,” Beinfest said before the decision was made on Ramirez.
                  Capozzi

Comment

bring on Hee Hoe Soup!

Comment

Love the hammer.

Comment

I'm sure Hanley walked all over Edwin. The party is over Hanley, back to business.

Comment

I like making statements that I don't know are true either.

I'm sure Big Z molested small children in Uruguay. Well, the party is over, Big Z

Comment

Jack is known to use old school ball. He doesn't believe in situational guys and will use guys who probably just throw an inning at most for multiple innings.
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

He's going to drive me insane with his moves

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                                Jack is known to use old school ball. He doesn't believe in situational guys and will use guys who probably just throw an inning at most for multiple innings.
                                People have been saying this, but I don't really recall this in his time here. Maybe because the Marlins never really had situational relievers the last time he was here (or maybe I'm wrong). However, in '03, he basically had his guys (Fox, Looper, Urbina), and that's what he went with.

Does anyone remember him consistently mismanaging the pen the last time he was here?

He used Choate appropriately tonight.

Comment

Working...
                                X