No announcement yet.

105th World Series: New York Yankees V. Philadelphia Phillies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Utley's almost to the point where, win or lose, he's the WS MVP, right?

No one else has really done anything.

Comment

• Jeter
      --------------------
      But for real, if Pettitte or CC get a win in the next two games - one of them probably
      Last edited by Beef; 11-02-2009, 09:42 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by FishFanInPA View Post
        Girardi is an idiot. Start Gaudin in 5, AJ in 6 and Andy in 7 with CC ready the moment any sniff of trouble is coming.
        If you have CC available, you start him

that is retarded thinking on your part

besides, Gaudin hasn't pitched in like 45 years

Comment

• CAPN CRUNCH time

Comment

• Originally posted by Swift View Post
            You can't have a starter "back up" another in game 7.

This move was done 100% because Girardi doesn't want to give Pettitte the ball in game 7; it's as simple as that. If he starts Pettitte on regular rest in game 7 and he sucks, it's "why didn't you start CC?" If he starts Gaudin tonight and AJ on Weds and CC on Thurs and CC comes out flat it's "why didn't you start Pettitte on full rest?"

This is done so it's completely second guess proof. He's got 3 reliable arms, he's using those 3 as many times as the schedule will allow.
            I understand your logic, but while the idea of Game 7's starter might be second guess proof, the games before that leave themselves open to issue. You have four straight games with starters pitching on shortened rest after a season of normal rest. At least one of those pitchers has had elbow surgery in his career. Why force the issue when you potentially could end the series (more easily) before Game 7?
            God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
            - Daft

Comment

• http://wsrings.stadiumpage.com/

Comment

• Hey, I would have started Gaudin, I'm just saying I understand what Girardi's doing.

Comment

• lol the 2003 ring is so hideous

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
                    lol the 2003 ring is so hideous
                    It's because Loria likes artworks, Todd!

Comment

• Got into NY yesterday, pretty excited about tonight. I shall root for the Yanks.

Comment

• My dad and sister's boyfriend (who is a yankee fan) think im stupid for saying that Chase Utley should win the MVP even if the Yanks win the series thus far.

Comment

• He should but he won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Festa View Post
                            He should but he won't.
                            He says its a stupid point and doesn't make sense because the MVP can not be on the losing team. Mike if you read this call him up and tell him he's stupid please.

Comment

• Bobby Richardson won it in 1960 so it wouldn't be an Earth shattering decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by Festa View Post
                                Bobby Richardson won it in 1960 so it wouldn't be an Earth shattering decision.
                                Yeah I had to look it up because they believed it wasn't allowed to happen and then downplayed it because it happened so long ago. I want to punch them in the face.

Comment

Working...
                                X