Miguel Cabrera's Weekend Was Worse Than Yours

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miguel Cabrera's Weekend Was Worse Than Yours

Oh, and if the Tigers' weekend wasn't bad enough already—those unexplained marks on Miguel Cabrera's face? There's an explanation all right and it isn't pretty. Domestic dispute. Alcohol. Cops. Fraternizing with the enemy. Oh, Miggy....

Early Saturday morning, police were called to the Cabrera home in the Detroit suburb of Birmingham on a "family trouble" incident. Cabrera's wife was upset because her husband apparently came home late, drunk, and loud and woke up their sleeping daughter. Obviously, that did not go over well. When police arrived, Miguel had scratches on his face and a broken necklace and his wife had a fat lip, but neither would say what happened. The cops took Miguel to the police station, gave him a blood alcohol test—which he failed miserably—and released to him to the custody of the Tigers.

Investigators determined that both husband and wife were "aggressors" so there's a good chance no charges will be filed. However, Tiger fans who might be willing to look the other way on the domestic abuse will probably have a harder time forgiving Cabrera's baseball transgression. The reason he came home so late was because he was out partying with members of the Chicago White Sox.

It's bad enough he was getting hammered in the middle of the most important series of the year and staying out until 6:00 a.m. the night before a must-win, season-on-the-line game, but to get sloshed alongside the team that's standing in your way? Yuking it up with a "hated" rival just hours after they put your playoff hopes in jeopardy? I'm beginning to suspect his commitment to laid off auto workers is not as strong as we've been led to believe.

By they way, Cabrera went 0-11 this weekend. That doesn't help either.
    http://deadspin.com/5374482/miguel-c...s-lost-weekend

It sounds like most of his weekend was fun times. He wasn't supposed to marry that girl anyway. He should've learned from DWade. Once you get famous, you dont marry down

Comment

I'll give them Maybin for him.

Comment

he had to go to the police station. that's never fun

Comment

More fun than getting knives thrown at you than the wife that aint as hot as the other girls you been fuckin

Yeah, I broke the news first, she was throwing knives

Comment

I think my favorite part of this is that Dave Dombrowski picked him up from the station.

Comment

That must've been awesome.
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

In another article, I read that his blood-alcohol level was three times the legal limit. Even though he wasn't pulled over, it was determined that he had just driven home. Could he still be charged with DUI?

Comment

Possibly, but then they'd have to prove fo sho that he had driven home drunk. He got home.... and he was super drunk.... so it would seem pretty likely that he drove home drunk, but it'd take slightly more work to prove it

Comment

anyone have a problem with him getting drunk with the white sox?

i dont

Comment

Not at all, I bet those guys can party like a mawfucka

Nobody is happy to be living in the city of Detroit

Comment

Originally posted by Ramp View Post

i dont
                        it was probably ozzie too.
                        "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                        - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

Good times, good times.

Hungover, scratched up Miggy is still 100x better than Maybin anyways.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

i dont
                            You're not a Tigers fan.

Comment

i dont
                              ozzie could probably drink just about everyone in baseball under the table, and he'd be a good guy to have on your side in a bar fight
                              --------------------
                              also, the samson/loria regime will probably look at this and be like "aha, told you all he was a cancer/bad influence and we did make the right decision trading him."
                              Last edited by wanks1212; 10-05-2009, 02:24 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                              X