Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Braun Suspended for Remainder of the Season.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
    Yeah I had 4 hefeweizen on Saturday night and just about died :/
    I know the feeling

Comment

I do not know the feeling.
      poop

Comment

Originally posted by Namaste View Post
        I basically never drink a hearty beer but I can drink 2 neat bourbons (three fingers) and not feel banged up the next day.
        Yeah, I can drink way more brown liquor than beer.
        This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

Hey guys, take it to the lightweight thread. Pussies.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

I'm sure we could all drink just as well as you when we were in college, FML21, but when you get out into the real world you just can't do it anymore. I go to WoB and get 2 Hefewiesens or some other fancy beer and it's like "woah, that's too much".
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

lol I am kidding. I haven't drank in over a month. I am probably the biggest light weight. A year or so ago I was on top of my game but I'm back to my Freshman year tolerance.

Comment

Per Bob Knightengale:

Commissioner Bud Selig is prepared to levy a lifetime suspension on New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez, while suspending about eight others before the weekend, two people with knowledge of the negotiations told USA TODAY Sports.

The people were unauthorized to speak publicly because no announcement is expected until Thursday or Friday.

Rodriguez, according to his attorney, David Cornwell, will appeal any suspension, regardless of the severity. The other players are expected to receive 50-game bans, and most are considering accepting the discipline without appealing, according to one of the people.

As many as 20 players were originally linked to Biogenesis, a Miami clinic that allegedly provided performance-enhancing drugs, but some players could not be disciplined for lack of evidence.

MLB: Tells union who will be suspended

Besides Rodriguez, All-Stars Nelson Cruz of the Texas Rangers and Jhonny Peralta of the Detroit Tigers are facing possible suspensions, along with shortstop Everth Cabrera of the San Diego Padres.

Rob Manfred, Major League Baseball executive vice president of labor relations, informed the Major League Players Association officials on Tuesday of their findings and suspensions. The players and their representatives will decide whether they will file an appeal or accept the penalties, which would all but end their regular season with barely 50 games remaining.

Rodriguez, who used performance-enhancing drugs from 2010-2012, according to Biogenesis documents, has never been punished for doping. Players who violate the drug policy are subject to a 50-game suspension.

Milwaukee Brewers outfield Ryan Braun was suspended last week for 65 games for what MLB called violations of the Collective Bargaining Agreement and Joint Drug Agreement.

Comment

It says a lot about how much people hate A-Rod that there isn't a ton of backlash to how Selig is handling this.
                  poop

Comment

Would that have anything to do with the fact that all of this is pure speculation at this point? We don't know what Selig will actually do just yet.

Comment

Prob not much given the way people respond to news stories, twitter posts, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                        Would that have anything to do with the fact that all of this is pure speculation at this point? We don't know what Selig will actually do just yet.
                        Probably not too much to do with it. People react to speculation pretty much without fail.
                        poop

Comment

If there is a mountain of evidence against him going through an extremely elaborate process to avoid detection over a long period, he deserves a lifetime ban. PEDs are just as bad or worse than gambling.

Comment

There might be a mountain of evidence because they are working really hard to get it, which they haven't done for other guys.

Comment

I feel very confident that a LOT of professional athletes have gone to great (HUGH) lengths to avoid detection of their PED use.

Comment

Yeah. HuGH

Comment

Working...
                                X