2013 MLB Season Game Thread: July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Los Angeles Dodgers @Dodgers 2m
    Another moment brought to you by Jeffrey Loria...

Comment

I get it now
      Originally posted by Madman81
      Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
      Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Nolasco's OPS is 1.750 in Los Angeles.

Comment

THANKS LORIA
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

He fucking did it.

Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

What a guy.
              --------------------
              Last edited by Nick; 07-23-2013, 11:53 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

A-Rod's baseball career may be over:

NEW YORK (CBSNewYork) – One down. How many to go?

Brewers superstar Ryan Braun was the first victim of Major League Baseball’s investigation into the Biogenesis of America clinic, as the league suspended him on Friday for the remainder of the season without pay.

Now the focus has shifted to Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez.

The evidence against the 14-time All-Star is ”far beyond” what the league had against Braun, according to ESPN.com. However, the Yankees don’t expect Rodriguez to be suspended immediately, sources told the website.

ESPN.com is also reporting that, according to sources, Rodriguez could very likely face a suspension similar to Braun’s.

An MLB source told CBS Evening News’ Jim Axelrod, however, that the five-time American League home-run champion could be looking at a lifetime ban.

So will the three-time American League MVP cut a deal with the league?

“My understanding is he’s trying to make a deal,” a source told the website. “But I don’t think it’s going to happen (Monday).”

A-Rod has admitted to using performance-enhancing drugs while with the Texas Rangers from 2001-03. The injured 37-year-old, who has denied using them since, told WFAN radio last week that he hasn’t instructed anyone to make a deal with the league “at this point” regarding a Biogenesis-related suspension.

But following Braun’s decision to cooperate with MLB investigators, A-Rod could end up changing his mind and taking the same route.

CBSSports.com/WFAN baseball insider Jon Heyman reported on Monday, prior to the announcement of Braun’s punishmen, that Rodriguez’s suspension is expected to be announced within the next two to three weeks.

“I don’t know what happened with Alex,” Yankees closer Mariano Rivera said on Monday. “He’s my teammate, and I have to support him 100 percent. We need to see where this goes. The good thing about this is we’re cleaning the game. That’s the way it should be. I think this is a message for whoever tries to do this again, that it’s going to be caught. It’s going to be caught.

“I mean, I have to support him. He’s my teammate. He’s my brother. Definitely, I (can’t) say if he did or didn’t do it. If it happens, I can’t throw him in the street, you know? He’s still my brother.”

The 20-year veteran batted .272 with 18 home runs and 57 RBIs for the Yankees in 2012. He hasn’t played at all this season.
                http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2013/07/...deal-with-mlb/
                --------------------
                The Red Sox and Dustin Pedroia have reached a seven-year, $100 million extension.
                --------------------
                Orioles acquired Francisco Rodriguez from Milwaukee for third baseman Nick Delmonico.
                Last edited by Miamarlin21; 07-23-2013, 07:23 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Milwaukee got him for the steaks.

Comment

Originally posted by nny View Post
                    I think he still gets a good contract. He's young and still has great stuff and great peripherals. I imagine he either gets a high 1 year contract or a solid 3ish year contract. He's a big risk vs big reward guy, with not just lack of performance but injury issues as well for risk. But that reward is huge and he's still only 29.

As someone who thought it would have been best to keep him and trade him at the deadline since I thought he'd have a rebound year, I'm already eating crow in regards to him though.
                    I'd love to bring him back on a 1-year contract.

Is Loria spending any money this offseason? tjfla, do you know?

Comment

• Jays are gonna give him a qualifying offer. He'll accept that.
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        I'd love to bring him back on a 1-year contract.

Is Loria spending any money this offseason? tjfla, do you know?
                        I highly doubt it. And there really isn't room in the rotation either. Fernandez, Eovaldi, Alvarez and Turner are set 1-4 with Hand/Koehler/Sanabia/Flynn/Nicolino/DeSclafani fighting for the final spot.

Comment

• JJ would be 5 (well, 2).

You don't not sign Josh fucking Johnson because you have Alvarez/Eovaldi/Hand/Koehler/Sanabia/Flynn/Nicolino/DeSclafani

Comment

• You don't if that's the money that should be going to Giancarlo.

Comment

• I dont think one has anything to do with the other.
                              Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                              Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                              Noah Perio
                              Jupiter
                              39 AB
                              15 H
                              0 2B
                              0 3B
                              0 HR
                              0 BB
                              .385/.385/.385

Comment

• What Todd said.
                                --------------------
                                I can't believe I just typed those words.
                                Last edited by Mainge; 07-24-2013, 02:11 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Working...
                                X