2013 MLB Season Game Thread: July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal now
    Exec’s speculation: Peavy to BOS, Iglesias to DET (to cover for Peralta suspension) and A. Garcia to CWS. Just speculation at this time.
    weee

Comment

• Igelsias/Bradley/Ranaudo together would be WAAAY to much for Peavy.

Even if Iglesias long term isn't as good as he's performing right now, I wouldn't trade him since he's been an important piece towards the Red Sox winning games thus far this season.

I don't like the trade for Boston even if it is just Iglesias.
      --------------------
      Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
      I'm assuming Jose Iglesias is not the centerpiece of a Peavy deal, as is being reported. Because he's kind of not that good.
      To be fair neither is Jake Peavy anymore.
      Last edited by dim; 07-30-2013, 09:51 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post

Well, that's a ridiculous thing to say.

Comment

--------------------
          To be fair neither is Jake Peavy anymore.

Peavy xFIP

2010 3.91
          2011 3.52
          2012 3.99
          2013 3.68

Comment

Even if Iglesias long term isn't as good as he's performing right now, I wouldn't trade him since he's been an important piece towards the Red Sox winning games thus far this season.

A bad player playing over his head to help you win games is cool. It's not a reason to overvalue that player. That's terribad logic.
            poop

Comment

• I don't care for any of the options the Red Sox have to replace Iglesias currently either.

Not to mention you're paying him over $10 million next year when he's probably performing like a #3 starter.

Comment

• Replacing a bad player isn't that hard.
                --------------------
                He's basically Adeiny Hechavarria with better luck.
                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 07-30-2013, 09:56 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                poop

Comment

• Also, $10 million is pretty much a fair amount these days for a "#3 starter."

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    A bad player playing over his head to help you win games is cool. It's not a reason to overvalue that player. That's terribad logic.
                    I understand the thought process. Get high value on a player who is bound to regress to the mean.

I just don't see Peavy as all that great of an option. I understand the value, but I'm just of the opinion that they gave up one of their current best performing hitters with no sure thing to replace him right now.

This could easily work out great if Peavy does well, but I don't think the AL East will be kind to him.

Comment

• He was 4/32 with a .250 OPS since the All-Star break.
                      poop

Comment

• 32 at bats, you're better than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                          Also, $10 million is pretty much a fair amount these days for a "#3 starter."
                          For major markets yes.

If I was an owner would I want to pay $10+ plus for a guy who's bound to give me a low 4 ERA season? Nah.

It's a low risk move by the Red Sox, but I kinda like Iglesias, reminds me of Infante a bit. I'd rather have Iglesias starting in my lineup for a playoff run this year than Peavy being in the rotation for the playoffs.

Comment

• Iglesias has a .377 babip (Daft), his numbers are bullshit and will continue to drop as he gets more ABs.

Comment

For major markets yes.

If I was an owner would I want to pay $10+ plus for a guy who's bound to give me a low 4 ERA season? Nah.

It's a low risk move by the Red Sox, but I kinda like Iglesias, reminds me of Infante a bit. I'd rather have Iglesias starting in my lineup for a playoff run this year than Peavy being in the rotation for the playoffs.
                              I believe Boston is a major market team. There are plenty of pitchers who are worse than Peavy making $10 million per year.

Iglesias kinda sucks. Career .257/.307/.314 hitter in the minors. He's not going to be difficult to replace.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                                32 at bats, you're better than that.
                                Can't tell if you're thingin' me or not.

So…

Iglesias through June 30: .409 BA, .985 OPS in 132 AB

Iglesias since July 1: .200 BA, .457 OPS in 80 AB

He's been awful almost as long as he was good, except he was bad before he was good also.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X