No announcement yet.

2013 MLB Season Game Thread: July

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puig with the walk off HR and he slid into home plate.

Comment

• http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=951...goryid=2378529

How the NL almost adopted the DH in 1980.

Comment

• I like how it is now. It gives the manager more strategy and usage of his bench.
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• DH will be in both leagues within 5 years imo. it's inevitable with constant interleague

I used to prefer no-DH, now I don't. I don't want to see pitchers hit, it's stupid. And I don't like situations like having to take Alvarez out after 6 innings when he's throwing a gem because he was coming up with the bases loaded.
          --------------------
          Also, the Dodgers are 26-6 in their last 32.

Oddly, I didn't find this out from their radio guy tweeting it to every national writer he could think of.
          Last edited by HUGG; 07-28-2013, 09:40 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            DH will be in both leagues within 5 years imo. it's inevitable with constant interleague

I used to prefer no-DH, now I don't. I don't want to see pitchers hit, it's stupid. And I don't like situations like having to take Alvarez out after 6 innings when he's throwing a gem because he was coming up with the bases loaded.
            This is the only real strategy difference, in my opinion. Whether or not to pull a pitcher when it's his turn to bat.

DH can't come soon enough.

Comment

• You don't like to see pitchers meekly flail at 3-4 pitches?
              This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• The people will love 4 hour games instead.

Comment

• Average Game Length 1973-2012
                  Total Seasons: 40
                  American League Longer: 34
                  National League Longer: 3
                  Smallest Difference: 0 minutes, 2002, 2004, 2011
                  Largest Difference: 11 minutes (American League 1985, 1994, 1995)
                  Average Difference: 4.95 minutes

http://www.platoonadvantage.com/2012.../cee-angi.html

So glad pitchers hit so games can end 4.95 minutes faster.
                  --------------------
                  NL games were longer on average than AL games last season
                  Last edited by HUGG; 07-28-2013, 10:28 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I'd rather have 4 hour games over 4 hour 5 minute games.
                    --------------------
                    The time of game issue is going to become big for baseball fairly soon and the league shouldn't be implementing rule changes that make the problem worse. I don't know what the TOG is this year, but I have seen an alarming share of 3:30 4-3 games.
                    Last edited by Party; 07-29-2013, 06:11 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• 2:57 as of June 9: http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/20...E1H/story.html
                      --------------------
                      Time of game is a non-issue to me. Pitchers hitting is stupid.
                      Last edited by HUGG; 07-29-2013, 06:45 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Doesn't seem like a big issue nor does it seem to be a choice of four hours or four hours and five minutes.

Comment

• I don't like when 9 inning games run 4 hours but it's nowhere near as bad as watching a pitcher take a single AB. I have absolutely no interest in watching a guy go up there and really not try to do anything at all.
                          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Comment

• hahahha.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• A buddy played in a big softball tournament against former Cub Randy Wells.

Not sure if that is impressive for my buddy or kind of sad for Randy Wells.
                                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                                Noah Perio
                                Jupiter
                                39 AB
                                15 H
                                0 2B
                                0 3B
                                0 HR
                                0 BB
                                .385/.385/.385

Comment

Working...
                                X