No announcement yet.

2013 MLB Season Game Thread: June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alex Cobb just took a live drive to the head.

Comment

• In Rockies news, they have sent Chris Volstad back down and purchased the contract of Logan Kensing.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
        In Rockies news, they have sent Chris Volstad back down and purchased the contract of Logan Kensing.
        I saw they had him as a starter in the minors and he was doing better so they recalled him and stuck him in the bullpen again where he struggled. Maybe eventually they'll realize that he's never going to be an effective reliever.

Comment

• Or an effective starter?

Comment

• He was doing better you guys

June 4: 7 IP, 4 H, 0 ER, 1 K, 1 BB
            May 29: 2.1 IP, 12 H, 10 ER, 0 K, 1 BB
            May 24: 5 IP, 10 H, 4 ER, 1 K, 2 BB

His "better" last three starts in AAA
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• He turned a corner on May 30

Comment

• I mean, technically that is better than he pitched in the majors.

Comment

• It's better than his relief outings where he has given up at least 1 run in every inning and sports a lovely 10.80 ERA and a .432 baa. I said better. Not great.

Comment

• But better is bad. So they may as well have tried the reliever thing because they already had the necessary evidence to conclude he sucked as a starter, ya know?

Comment

• The Blue Jays are 32-36

Comment

• Pretty good.

To be fair, they prob wouldn't be in last place if they didn't have [every guy they got from the Marlins].

Comment

• Zunino homered at some point in the recent past. I don't know if it was one of his usuals.

Comment

• I doubt that Chris Volstad will ever be an effective anything at the major league level. He just kind of really sucks.
                            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                            Noah Perio
                            Jupiter
                            39 AB
                            15 H
                            0 2B
                            0 3B
                            0 HR
                            0 BB
                            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by THE_REAL_MIBS View Post
                              It's better than his relief outings where he has given up at least 1 run in every inning and sports a lovely 10.80 ERA and a .432 baa. I said better. Not great.
                              Yeah but the "better" (still shitty) games were in AAA.

Fun fact: Last year Chris Volstad gave up at least one run in 20 of his 21 starts, and at least two runs in 18 of his starts. Pretty impressive stuff.
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I feel like that stat isn't all that telling.

Comment

Working...
                                X