• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ramp View Post
    eighths
    what's an eighth?
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

1/8 of an ounce.

Comment

John Buck's first 25 games: 10 HR, 29 RBI, .905 OPS
        John Buck's 25 game since: 1 HR, 6 RBI, .477 OPS

That trade just sucks for everyone now!
        poop

Comment

Originally posted by MarlinKidd101 View Post
          1/8 of an ounce.
          is that how much one joint is?

I'm not playing dumb, I really just don't know! Let's talk about scotch or wine or cheese sometime, guys
          --------------------
          Last edited by emkayseven; 06-08-2013, 01:53 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
          Originally posted by Madman81
          Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
            is that how much one joint is?

I'm not playing dumb, I really just don't know! Let's talk about scotch or wine or cheese sometime, guys
            Different for each person, but a joint is between .5-1 grams, so if 1/8=3.5 grams, the answer would be... Chris Perez bought a lot.

Comment

Gerrit Cole starting Tuesday for the Pirates.

His numbers in the minors are super underwhelming this season, but he might just be bored.
              poop

Comment

Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                Gerrit Cole starting Tuesday for the Pirates.

His numbers in the minors are super underwhelming this season, but he might just be bored.
                From what I understand, they don't really want to bring him up but he was lined up and nothing else really made sense. His K/BB ratio is the worst it's ever been in his career; too many walks and he's not missing as many bats as he should be.

I'm also curious to see if they'll leave him up. The Pirates have a couple guys that are almost done with their rehab starts and he'll be pitching the same day as McDonald who needs maybe 2 more rehab starts. Morton is making his last rehab start and Wandy may not miss major time. Hurdle already said that if Wandy feels okay after a bullpen session Monday, he'll start on Thursday. Morton coming off the DL would take then back to 5 starters. It could just be a cup of coffee emergency start.
                Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 06-08-2013, 03:33 PM.

Comment

COLE ASS

sorry, so used to typing that

Comment

Rangers' beat writer, trying to explain why a closer shouldn't be used in a tie game:

A closer's job is to protect leads. If you take him out of that role, there is still no guarantee he is going to get you a clean inning and no guarantee your club is going to score the next inning. And if it does, then a manager is forced to use his long-reliever or mop-up man to get the hardest three outs of a game. Better to not take multiple guys out of multiple roles. If the Rangers pitched Nathan in a tie game, then went ahead in the next inning and the Ross Wolf or Michael Kirkman blew a lead, then the same group carping about "Use Nathan," would likely be screaming about "how could you burn your closer and then have nobody to protect a lead." This is baseball conventional wisdom and it is how every club deploys closers. And you would think with the input of statistical analysis these days, that if there was a distinct advantage to be gained by using a closer in a tie game on the road, plenty of teams would be taking that step. It's easy for you to say: Nathan is best pitcher, he should be in there. If you were managing a club, you'd not want to have to explain to your team, your media and your fans how you lost a game by attempting to let your worst reliever protect a one-run lead in extra innings.
                    That's some awful logic.
                    poop

Comment

Comment

Jk, but seriously.

Comment

Royals have won four in a row. The reason? George Brett's enthusiasm.

- Buster Olney

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                            That's an idea!

Comment

I still hate Chipper.

Comment

Everyone should.

I posted that because it's terrible

Comment

Working...
                                X