No announcement yet.

2013 MLB Season Game Thread: June

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Really apples and oranges, really, considering my point was about signing Cuban defectors as free agents.
    Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
    Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
    Noah Perio
    Jupiter
    39 AB
    15 H
    0 2B
    0 3B
    0 HR
    0 BB
    .385/.385/.385

Comment

But, they got a cuban defector?
      poop

Comment

Not the right way moran!!!!
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

I won't be happy until David Samson literally swims to Cuba and brings back an awesome Cuban Catcher. (or stays in Cuba, preferably)

Comment

Just not what I was meaning, really.

Yes Fernandez very well could be a draw but he was a drafted player who joined the organization with little fanfare in general to the average fan from the Cuban community. Its quite a bit different from signing a recent defector who is all over the media as it is happening.

You can be a douchebag and argue semantics all you want, but there is a difference.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

It was a pretty big deal. A lot was made about the story of him trying to defect three times, his mother almost drowning, etc
              --------------------
              .245/.312/.510 is Cespedes' line right now with 2 steals and 5 caught stealings. We'd all hate him if he were here
              Last edited by emkayseven; 06-07-2013, 02:57 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

We're never gonna do 7yr/$42 million on a free agent who's never played in the majors and we never should.

Puig may turn out to be a superstar, but we can't take risks like that.

Comment

Cespedes would easily be the best position player on our 25 man right now and second best once Stanton comes back. Why would we hate him?

Comment

Because he doesn't do anything but hit home runs

I mean people on this forum love Adeiny sooooooo

Comment

Fair enough

Comment

Those 2 sentences are not even related to each other.

Comment

Chris Perez had a third of a pound of pot mailed to his house, not steroids

I don't smoke but that's like a FUCK ton of pot, right? Ramp?

Comment

Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                            We're never gonna do 7yr/$42 million on a free agent who's never played in the majors and we never should.

Puig may turn out to be a superstar, but we can't take risks like that.
                            I'm not sure if I agree.

I think risking signing a player in his 21-27 aged years is fine. If he puts up a total WAR of 7 (1 war per year), his contract would be market value. So if he's an average player, his contract is below market value and a good deal. And if he turns out great you have a bargain for 7 years.

There is obviously the counter argument of paying 7 years to a guy who can easily bust though.
                            Japanese contracts are a lost worse though (Paying 100m+ total for 6/7 years of service)

For as much as I was behind it at the time, something like an Albert Pujols contract is more of the risk we can't afford to take (One of a player continuing production into his mid-to-late 30's).

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                              Because he doesn't do anything but hit home runs

I mean people on this forum love Adeiny sooooooo
                              What?

Comment

Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                                Chris Perez had a third of a pound of pot mailed to his house, not steroids

I don't smoke but that's like a FUCK ton of pot, right? Ramp?
                                that is a ridiculous amount of weed, yes

Comment

Working...
                                X