2012-2013 MLB Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
    But the guy he responded to didn't say Nolasco.
    I know, but tjfla

Comment

• Can't think of where else to put this, but there have been a number of recent articles relating to the CBA and draft pick compensation.

I just wanted to check whether under the current rules the only available offer to a free agent can be the qualifying offer $13.3 (or thereabouts this year). In previous years arbitration figures could be significantly higher for departing free agents, does this really hurt those free agents only ever likely to get AAV of <$15mil?

Guys like Kyle Lohse are complaining about the distinct disadvantage of the compensation pick qualifying offer. I think they/he might have a point if they are generally worth more than $13 in a free market without compensation, but not the superstar worth giving up a mid first rounder for.

Comment

• The opening night game for this year is the Astros and the Rangers. Because, you know, everyone wants to watch the Astros get their asses kicked.

Comment

• They'll probably win

Comment

• and everyone the next day will be talking about how the rangers hould have tried harder to keep hamilton and sign greinke
            Originally posted by Madman81
            Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
            Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Former Marlins prospect Jai Miller is going to Alabama to play safety.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Dontrelle Willis is coming out of retirement! He signed a minor league deal with the club that drafted him, the Chicago Cubs.

Comment

• Use of exclamation point is definitely debatable

Comment

• I'm more excited about Jai Miller
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• Texas finally signed someone. Lance Berkman.

Comment

• Astros top prospect Jonathan Singleton suspended 50 games for weed. What an idiot.

Comment

• No.

What a stupid system.
                          poop

Comment

• what bobbob said

Comment

• yup tarded system

Comment

• Well he shouldnt have smoked weed if he knew the consequences. Just like its stupid that stupid that Singapore will hang you by the throat until your neck breaks for possession, youre also kinda stupid for having the drugs when the consequences were quite clear.
                                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

Working...
                                X