No announcement yet.

2012-2013 MLB Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanted us to trade for Span back when I thought we were going to try and win baseball games next season.

Comment

• So did I. I thought it would take more than one player to get it done. I don't know that much about Meyer, but he is ranked the 50th best prospect in baseball.
      LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Dodgers want Felix Hernandez to compliment Kershaw.

Comment

• "Clayton Kershaw is a pretty good pitcher."
          -Felix Hernandez
          Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
            Source: #Pirates reach agreement with Russell Martin, pending physical.
            Cool. Wonder how many years because Tony Sanchez could be ready by 2014.

Comment

• David Wiess @WiessD

Sources: @Dodgers & Mariners are talking about a trade that would bring Felix Hernandez to LA; Zach Lee would be included in the deal.

Comment

• Wow. That would piss so many Mariners fans off after their general manager said outright multiple times that they would not trade him.

Comment

• Bunch of mickey mouse hipsters.
                  poop

Comment

• Jon Heyman ‏@JonHeymanCBS
                    martin did get $17M for 2 years. #bucs #bucks
                    Guess that pushes him back until 2015.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                      Bunch of mickey mouse hipsters.
                      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                      Noah Perio
                      Jupiter
                      39 AB
                      15 H
                      0 2B
                      0 3B
                      0 HR
                      0 BB
                      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Wright reupped with the Mets.

@JonHeymanCBS: David Wright agreed to the Mets deal, reported Ed Coleman on @WFAN660 in NY. had been said here to be a $140M offer.

@JonHeymanCBS: wright's deal is the biggest in mets history, coleman reported. so def topped johan santana's $137.5M deal.

Comment

• Great, now we will have to play the guessing game again to know what Mibs new name means.

Comment

• Details

@JonHeymanCBS: wright's total deal is for $138M for 8 years, eddie reported. #mets

Comment

• 1) I think the Braves probably overpaid Upton a little bit, but in context it's a fine deal. He's incredibly young and in a market where a guy who uses his legs and almost no other skill and is several years older will likely get a similar deal, and a guy who plays like 100 games a year is going to get twice that, I don't think it's a bad deal. I do think it'll be interesting because hitting-wise, Upton and Uggla are very similar (obviously Upton has more speed), both streaky guys who have power and K a lot. That lineup could be cold for weeks.
                              2) That's nothing for Denard Span. I want to be a Nats fan.
                              3) Yankees pretty much gotta sign Napoli now, no?
                              4) Am I the only one who thinks Zach Lee is incredibly overrated? To me if I were the Mariners the Dodgers don't have enough to match up with me for Felix.
                              5) Wright got paiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiid
                              Originally posted by Madman81
                              Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• I think Wright's fairly compensated. If he were a FA this offseason, he'd get 20 mil annually almost certainly. Teams are flush with cash and not a lot of good 3B out there (I really am going to avoid my urge to redirect this to a Hanley convo).

Napoli isn't a good fit for the Yankees. Too many 1B/DH types already in the fold. To me, a guy like Torrealba/Shoppach is a fit since the C will likely be the 7/8 hole hitter anyway (Jeter-Ichiro(who HAS to come back now)-Cano-Teix-Arod-Granderson-C-DH-Gardner). I know a lot will be made of Martin's power leaving, but 13 of his 21 HR's in 2012 were at home, and 21 of his 39 Yankee HR's were hit at home. It's kind of a Yankee Stadium thing, not a Russel Martin has exceptional power thing.

Also, with Upton getting the kind of stupid money he got, and Granderson having one year left, and the Yankees saying they want to be under $189 mil in 2014, and having to sign Cano after 2013...isn't Granderson trade bait now? Unless the $189 is a smoke screen to let the Yankees negotiate in secret with guys and not be perpetually linked to drive the price up even when they're the only "true" bidder (like CC 2008).

Comment

Working...
                                X