Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well it's a little more than playing catch

Comment

• Hes better at it than that guy in the Volkswagen commercial.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Todd View Post
        $15 million a year. Not bad for just playing catch.
        You're not very good at math

Comment

• $25 million*
          Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
          Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
          Noah Perio
          Jupiter
          39 AB
          15 H
          0 2B
          0 3B
          0 HR
          0 BB
          .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Michael Bourn to the Indians, 4yr/$48mil, vesting option for a 5th year also at $12mil

Comment

• Looks like the Indians gave him a Bourne Ultimatum.
              Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Josh Booty is a NRI for the diamondbacks

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=840...oty-joins-club
                Originally posted by Madman81
                Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
                Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Pirates shoulda signed him for marketing reasons

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
                    Josh Booty is a NRI for the diamondbacks

http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=840...oty-joins-club
                    Well this is kinda neat:

Another rotation candidate has emerged for the Miami Marlins -- and he's not even in camp.

Dark horses don't get much darker than this, but the Marlins could have 1994 first-round draft pick Josh Booty back in the organization should he succeed as a knuckleball pitcher.

According to Ken Rosenthal of Fox Sports, if the Arizona Diamondbacks decide to carry Booty on their 25-man roster the Marlins can swoop in and claim him for no compensation.

Booty, who turns 38 on April 29, won MLB Network's first ever reality series competition titled "The Next Knuckler." As a result, he earned an invite to the Diamondbacks' major league camp as a non-roster player.

Before the 1999 season Booty retired from the Marlins, who according to Fox Sports agreed to take him off their retired list and in essence loan him to the Diamondbacks as long as they got first dibs if he showed any promise.

Booty totaled 26 at-bats over 13 major league games with them. In 1994, the Marlins selected Booty fifth overall and lured him away from big-time college football with a $1.6 million signing bonus.

Booty ultimately went to Louisiana State, where he played quarterback in 1999-'00, and in 2001 was a sixth-round pick of the Seattle Seahawks. He eventually landed with the Cleveland Browns but never appeared in an NFL game.
                    Odds we try to exploit this for like $10,000?
                    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.

Comment

• 7 to 1

Comment

• You think the Marlins even realized this before Ken Rosenthal did some digging?

Comment

• Doubt it but it's a good opportunity to exploit and squeeze some extra cash out of

Comment

• I doubt Rosenthal did any digging.

Seems like the Marlins knew of this arrangement and made the deal just recently according to other article

In a recent article, Adam Eaton said facing Booty will be good practice because they play the Mets this year and will probably see RA Dickey

Comment

• Ahehehahehaehe

Comment

• The White Sox bumped up Chris Sale's innings by 120 last season. Their general manager had this to say today:

"In fact a lot of the year-to-year innings jumps that you see with guys at risk has been pretty well disproven over recent years as a warning sign."
                                I'd be interested to see if he's citing an actual study there, or if it's just being pulled from his buttox.
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X