Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pretty much that, Fay doesn't have a clue

Comment

• We'll have to see if they does spend more.

Comment

• Wait, y'all are still Marlins fans? Pfft.

Toodeloo, suckas.

Comment

• Upton to Braves talk back on

Texas Rangers are just waiting for the day Stanton goes on the market

Comment

• Upton to Braves official.

@Buster_ESPN: RT @mlbbowman: Source: Braves get Justin Upton and Chris Johnson from D-backs for Prado, Delgado, Ahmed and Spruill.

@Ken_Rosenthal: Source: Trade is 5-for-2. Class A 1B Brandon Drury also going from #Braves to #Diamondbacks. D-Backs excited about getting Prado to play 3B.

Comment

• Both Uptons are on the same team now.

Comment

• Upton WAR 2010-12: 11.9
                Prado WAR 2010-12: 11.8

Comment

• The Diamondbacks are a funny team. Their offseason makes very little sense.
                  --------------------
                  Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                  Upton WAR 2010-12: 11.9
                  Prado WAR 2010-12: 11.8
                  One is entering his prime and the other is in his 30's and eligible for free agency after this year.

Also, Prado's best WAR season was this past year, in large part because of how well he played in LF. Not that he's bad at 3B/3B is probably a more scarce position, but this trade is still pretty bad in terms of value.

Edit: Sorry, Prado is only 29 years of age. Still, the Diamondbacks traded a lot of upside and got little in return.
                  Last edited by Erick; 01-24-2013, 04:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post
                    The Diamondbacks are a funny team. Their offseason makes very little sense.
                    --------------------

One is entering his prime and the other is in his 30's and eligible for free agency after this year.

Also, Prado's best WAR season was this past year, in large part because of how well he played in LF. Not that he's bad at 3B/3B is probably a more scarce position, but this trade is still pretty bad in terms of value.
                    O ya terrible value

They improve their 3B situation for 3/4 years and are gonna end up getting their #1 and #2 Starters for the next few years in the deal(Delgado and gonna use Ahmed for Porcello) plus get 2 more prospects who have a good chance at panning out. All that for a guy who while is an MVP type-cries about alot of stuff,costs alot and they already replaced

They got exactly what they needed this offseason and on top of it,don't have to hear Upton crying every day

Comment

• Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                      O ya terrible value

They improve their 3B situation for 3/4 years and are gonna end up getting their #1 and #2 Starters for the next few years in the deal(Delgado and gonna use Ahmed for Porcello) plus get 2 more prospects who have a good chance at panning out. All that for a guy who while is an MVP type-cries about alot of stuff,costs alot and they already replaced

They got exactly what they needed this offseason and on top of it,don't have to hear Upton crying every day

Keep thinking Randall Delgado is a #1, buddy. Or is it Rick Porcello who's the #1? Either way, they're not #1's and very likely not #2's either. (not to mention Rick Porcello isn't even on the roster anyway and even if he was, they don't need him)

You know who has a better chance of becoming a #1? That guy, Trevor Bauer. They traded him though.

I don't think they have a bad team because they weren't really bad before the trade anyway, to begin with.

Suggesting they're a better team without Justin Upton though is hilarious, especially considering the return.
                      They actually lost leverage by trading Upton to a team on his no-trade list. The Seattle deal had way more upside in it than what they got in this deal. They settled for less because Kevin Towers wants to go on vacation tomorrow.

Look at their offseason. They created this mess themselves. It's a terrible offseason.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erick View Post

Keep thinking Randall Delgado is a #1, buddy. Or is it Rick Porcello who's the #1? Either way, they're not #1's and very likely not #2's.

You know who has a better chance of becoming a #1? That guy, Trevor Bauer. They traded him though.

I don't think they have a bad team because they weren't really bad before the trade anyway, to begin with.

Suggesting they're a better team without Justin Upton though is hilarious, especially considering the return.
                        They actually lost leverage by trading Upton to a team on his no-trade list. The Seattle deal had way more upside in it than what they got in this deal.
                        Not saying they are a better team,I am saying they got exactly what they wanted

2014 Rotation
                        Delgado
                        Porcello(I know not yet there but deal is all but done)
                        Skaggs
                        Bradley
                        Miley

3B-Prado until Davidson is ready then can move him to LF

OF-Ross,Kubel,Eaton,Parra

If Upton wasn't crying about stuff I would have said just like u however he was so get rid of him and move on. I liked Seattle's deal more as well but overall not bad

Comment

Not saying they are a better team,I am saying they got exactly what they wanted

2014 Rotation
                          Delgado
                          Porcello(I know not yet there but deal is all but done)
                          Skaggs
                          Bradley
                          Miley

3B-Prado until Davidson is ready then can move him to LF

OF-Ross,Kubel,Eaton,Parra

If Upton wasn't crying about stuff I would have said just like u however he was so get rid of him and move on. I liked Seattle's deal more as well but overall not bad
                          What they wanted was the Seattle deal. This is what they settled for and it's not the same value.

Delgado is not a #1. I don't know why you think that. You tend to overvalue prospects.
                          That is not their rotation next year either. What happened to Ian Kennedy, Trevor Cahill, Brandon McCarthy, Daniel Hudson and even Patrick Corbin? Did they all die?

That outfield could be way better had they...well, kept Justin Upton. Instead they gave Cody Ross and unnecessary $9 million per year for the next 3 years. You would think that after such a signing they would want to deal the overpaid Jason Kubel, but instead they traded their franchise player.

Their offseason is odd. I also don't know where you keep getting your Upton information from, but he wasn't exactly Hanley Ramirez. If anything, it was the current Diamondbacks front office that treated Upton like shit, publicly questioning his character for no real reason. Upton has never had problems off the field unless I'm forgetting something.

The only nice thing that can be said about their offseason is that Towers has overvalued the bullpen and bench so much that they don't necessarily have a terrible player on the roster. They also have zero great players on the roster. If their goal is to be consistently average, they're doing it right.

Comment

• Rick Porcello as a No. 2 starter is pretty bad, if that's what your goal is.
                            --------------------
                            Wait, is our insider guy claiming that Cody Ross is "replacing Justin Upton"?
                            Last edited by Bobbob1313; 01-24-2013, 05:04 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                            poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                              Rick Porcello as a No. 2 starter is pretty bad, if that's what your goal is.
                              --------------------
                              Wait, is our insider guy claiming that Cody Ross is "replacing Justin Upton"?
                              If Kirk Gibson is an insider I guess so,he has already said the OF will look like Ross/Eaton/Kubel with Parra as the #4 OF

Erick u are right,I would have kept Upton and think that the Seattle deal was ALOT better. However that is the problem when u start giving the No Trade Clauses,teams can offer 20 guys and if the guy doesn't wanna be there he doesn't have to. The fact was Upton said stuff that people in the organization didn not wanna hear and they decided instead of keeping him around to just get what they can and move on.

As for your pitchers McCarthy only has a 2 yr deal,Hudson had TJ in 2012,Kennedy is a nice arm but they have discussed dealing him,and Corbin was the pitcher that was discussed as going to Detroit for Porcello
                              The big issue now seems to be that even tho Detroit supposedly told them what they wanted for Porcello,Detroit now says they are not sure LOL

Comment

If Kirk Gibson is an insider I guess so,he has already said the OF will look like Ross/Eaton/Kubel with Parra as the #4 OF
                                I don't think you understood. Which is really shocking.
                                --------------------
                                Originally posted by tjfla View Post
                                The big issue now seems to be that even tho Detroit supposedly told them what they wanted for Porcello,Detroit now says they are not sure LOL
                                The bigger issue for Arizona is that Porcello is not good.
                                Last edited by Bobbob1313; 01-25-2013, 12:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                                poop

Comment

Working...
                                X