2012-2013 MLB Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JIM BOWDEN ‏@JimBowdenESPNxm
    James Shields just told us he would be open right now to talk about an extension with the Royals if they are interested "no doubt about it"

Comment

• Uhh, I still cant fathom how Beinfest said "you know who I want Detroit? MIKE RABELO!". In my fantasy world that was the dealbreaker, Rabelo or bust.
      Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
      Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
      Noah Perio
      Jupiter
      39 AB
      15 H
      0 2B
      0 3B
      0 HR
      0 BB
      .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Uhhhhhhhhh

Comment

• Philly has apparently offered Hamilton a 3 year deal.

Comment

• Sounds like Shin-Soo Choo is close to being a Red, Indians would get Drew Stubbs and DiDi Gregorious, and then flip Gregorious to Arizona for Trevor Bauer.

Comment

• I don't understand why Arizona wants to trade Justin Upton and Trevor Bauer so badly.

Comment

• Well they are pretty average and I am guessing they are thinking Upton can get them a monsterous haul and get them over the average hump. As for Bauer...maybe its just because hes a weird dude?
                Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
                Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
                Noah Perio
                Jupiter
                39 AB
                15 H
                0 2B
                0 3B
                0 HR
                0 BB
                .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
                  Sounds like Shin-Soo Choo is close to being a Red
                  He's defecting to the communist north!
                  Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM Hugg!

Comment

• Justin Upton no longer available

Comment

• how the fvck did Bauer get traded for nothing?
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• I feel like we could've gotten him if we would've given up our perennial All-Star.

Comment

• False, Towers has been infatuated with Gregorius for a while.

If you thought Samson calling Hechavarria an all-star was bad, how about this:

Diamondbacks General Manager Kevin Towers revealed during a conference call Tuesday night that the pitching-starved Indians badly wanted Bauer, but knowing Cleveland was working a deal with Cincinnati, Towers said the only way he’d move the former first-round pick was if the Indians could land Gregorius and package him in the trade.

Towers said he scouted Gregorius himself recently in the Arizona Fall League and said although it probably wouldn’t hurt to get the player a tad more seasoning in the minors, “he’s athletic and he probably could play, defensively, right now in the big leagues.”

“When I saw him he reminded me of a young Derek Jeter,” Towers said, referring to the Yankees’ longtime shortstop. “I was fortunate enough to see Jeter when he was in high school in Michigan and he’s got that type of range. He’s got speed. He’s more of a line drive-type hitter, but I think he’s got the type of approach at the plate where I think there’s going to be power there as well.”
                          http://www.azcentral.com/sports/diam...shortstop.html

Comment

• I've watched him play and he's very athletic and has great defense. I think he'll hit, but what do I know?
                            LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I don't get why you nullify any of your points with that nonsense at the end of your statement.

Comment

• I don't get that trade at all for Arizona.

Comment

Working...
                                X