No announcement yet.

2012-2013 MLB Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's why I said top ten prospects you numbnuts, and at the time Maybin and Miller were top prospects, they just didn't work out.

Doesn't mean Myers isn't going to work out. Using that rationale to be scared of the 3rd and 30th best prospects in baseball is beyond stupid.

Comment

• I get it

Because we did "better" than two top 30 prospects.

I figured you didn't know.

Because you know, you're good at that.

Norris Cole

Comment

• he's also a much better pitcher at home than road in his career

still, like I said, prospects are prospects, Myers could end up being Ben Grieve or Ruben Rivera or Brandon Wood or could be Willie Mays or Hank Aaron. Odorizzi could be Matt Cain or he could be Matt Clement. They feel like they have an opening and I don't blame them for feeling that way. The White Sox and Tigers are not very strong, Minnesota is going to be bad for a few years but the hauls they got this offseason and whatever college arm they take at 4 this year are going to make for a strong rotation in a few years. They have 2 years now to make the playoffs with Shields around. Their offense will almost certainly improve, their rotation improved drastically and their bullpen is pretty good. So fuck it, go for it.
        Originally posted by Madman81
        Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
        Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

• Originally posted by emkayseven View Post
          I actually think the Royals did well. The Central is a shitty division for the taking and Shields is one of the most underrated aces in the game. And, you know, TNSTAAPP
          It is absolutely not for the taking, in my opinion. The Tigers have that division on lock right now. Their lineup next year is going to include Jackson, Cabrera, Fielder, Hunter, and V-Mart. If they can keep Anibal, their starting rotation is also pretty damn good.

Comment

• I was hoping for the Marlins to land Odorizzi somehow.
            Amy Adams, AKA Cinnamon Muff
            Logan Morrison: "If baseball didn't exist, I would probably be ... like a curler. Or a hairstylist."
            Noah Perio
            Jupiter
            39 AB
            15 H
            0 2B
            0 3B
            0 HR
            0 BB
            .385/.385/.385

Comment

• Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
              James Shields is ranked an "ace". I think that term is sometimes thrown around too easily. Yes, Shields is pretty good, but is he worth giving up what the Royals gave up (reiterating what Dim said.)

"Aces" I would trade Myers for:

Strasburg
              Gio (not even an ace, but better than shields)
              Halladay (old, but oh well)
              Hamels
              Cueto
              Wainwright
              Gallardo
              Cain
              Kershaw
              Greinke
              Sabathia
              Price
              Johnson
              Verlander
              Felix
              That's funny because Shields is better than a lot of those guys.

Comment

• Originally posted by dim View Post
                Yeah, but Miguel Cabrera isn't James Shields. I actually feel Cabrera was worth two "top ten prospects" at the time. Shields has two years left on his contract, is 31, and probably a bottom of the line "ace" if you want to call him that.

But Moore had to make this move to save his job. I don't think it's a smart long term move, but Moore needed to ensure the short term wasn't awful.
                My comment was intended as a critique of our front office. If the Rays can get that package for Shields, Cabrera should get you more.

Comment

• One has absolutely nothing to do with the other so I don't understand why you bring that up now.

The market also wasn't the same 5-6 years ago as it is now. For example, this offseason, just about every pitcher capable of starting has basically been overpaid and some by quite a lot.

Things change.

Comment

• Originally posted by CrimsonCane View Post
                    My comment was intended as a critique of our front office. If the Rays can get that package for Shields, Cabrera should get you more.
                    He seemingly did get them more.

6th and 10th overall prospect > 3rd and 30th.

Comment

• The Cabrera trade. Good times.

Comment

• Remember that time we traded Cabrera for Maybin and Miller?

Comment

• I remember it like it was a half of a decade ago

Comment

• half a decade sounds A LOT more dramatic than 5 years ago

good work, beefypoo

Comment

• Remember Mike Rabelo spiking the ball on home plate? Good times.

/Cabreratradememories

Comment

• Originally posted by Namaste View Post
                                half a decade sounds A LOT more dramatic than 5 years ago

good work, beefypoo
                                Thanks - it makes it sound harder to remember

Comment

Working...
                                X