No announcement yet.

2012-2013 MLB Off-Season Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @TBTimes_Rays: Huge #Rays trade is Shields AND Davis (and PTBNL) to #Royals for OF Myers, RHP Odorizzi, LHP Montgomery, 3B Leonard
    Jesus fuck

Comment

• ahehahehaheha

Comment

• Comment

• Ken Rosenthal ‏@Ken_Rosenthal
          Trade: #Rays send Shields, Davis and a player to be named or cash to #Royals for Myers, Odorizzi, Montogmery, Leonard.
          Uhhhhh. You gotta be shitting me.
          LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Wow, that's pretty hot. I hope they use the savings on signing Price long-term.
            This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

• Odorizzi is their #5 prospect, the other 2 aren't in the top 10.

Montgomery might have set a record for fastest drop of prospect status ever, from #23 in baseball to not even in his own teams' top 10, he was fucking horrible in 2012.

Comment

• Still, Odorizzi is pretty good.
                LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• I really don't think that's as lopsided as people are making it out to be. Still though, nice return for the Rays.

Comment

• Shields is 13th among pitcher WAR over the last 6 seasons. He's a front-line starter with a nice contract (for 2 years anyway). He's also 31.

I mean, I get it.

Royals fans are fucking furious cause they traded prospects for a front-line starter. Maybe they should be Marlins fans.

Comment

• Wade Davis is also going to start for them, I'd imagine.

Comment

• On the flip side, the Royals were 12th in the AL in runs scored last season. I'm not totally sold the offense is as ready to roll as they seem to be.
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Erick View Post
                        Wade Davis is also going to start for them, I'd imagine.
                        I'd say you pencil Shields, Guthrie and E. Santana in

Then you've got
                        Wade Davis
                        Danny Duffy
                        Luis Mendoza
                        Bruce Chen
                        Luke Hochevar

for the other 2 spots
                        --------------------
                        I would say Duffy's in good shape too.

So then it's Davis vs. Mendoza. Mendoza was probably better in 2012 than Davis was in either of his years as a starter in Tampa and Davis has proven to be a weapon out of the pen.
                        Last edited by HUGG; 12-09-2012, 10:46 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I don't think Duffy is in good shape, really. He's had issues with walks and is still unproven. I also think Luis Mendoza kinda sucks.

I think they made this trade and gave up those prospects with the intention of getting two starters out of it.
                          The Royals don't really need more bullpen help; as it is, their bullpen was/is already one of the best in baseball.

Shields, Guthrie, Santana, Davis, ? is the way I see it.

Comment

• David Price ‏@DAVIDprice14
                            Guys guys guys there's been a huge misunderstanding...whenever we all wake up tomorrow Shields and WD40 will still be my teammates
                            poor Price

Comment

• Getting rid of all his favorite teammates. Mickey mouse. Nobody will ever want to sign there.

yeah?

Comment

• Stuart Sternberg = Jeffrey Loria = Fidel Castro

Comment

Working...
                                X