Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dontrelle Willis to Retire.......?

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2012/0...etirement.html

I don't think this is the last we will see of the D-Train.
    This is a Dolphins town, though.

"Fuck, what've they done?'' --Ozzie Guillen

I am dead set against free agency, it can ruin baseball. --- George Steinbrenner

2010 SoFlaMarlins Fantasy Baseball Champion
    Edmonton Ice Bats
    2007 Teal League Wildcard
    2008 Teal League Wildcard

2009 Teal League Wildcard
    2010 Teal League Wildcard
    2011 Teal League West Division Winner

His career went into a tailspin back in 2008 when he lost his command and went from being a dominant pitcher to the guy who has a funny wind up. But Dontrelle Willis is trying to get his career back on track with the Chicago Cubs, however that comeback took a major step back when Willis managed to only fire off seven pitches before he was forced to leave the Cubs' Spring Training game against the Los Angeles Dodgers. Willis walked the lead-off hitter and then delivered just one pitch to Brian Barden before waving over the medical staff who determined Willis was suffering from shoulder tightness. The Cubs medical staff will re-evaluate Willis' shoulder and determine whether or not it was indeed shoulder tightness or if it was something else. Willis was originally drafted by the Cubs out of high school in 2000. He was traded to the then-Florida Marlins and burst onto the scene in 2003 with a Rookie of the Year award.
    http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/369851
    Originally posted by Madman81
    Most of the people in the world being dumb is not a requirement for you to be among their ranks.
    Need help? Questions? Concerns? Want to chat? PM me!

Comment

It's sad (you know, sports sad)

ESPN 30 on 30: Dontrelle Willis

Debuts 03/28/2015

Comment

I think it's legitimately sad. Not just sports sad.

Comment

He made millions and if he was smart has been growing that fortune and he and his children are set for life. What's so sad ?

Comment

He was very good at his craft and what he did and lost it for seemingly no reason. Very quickly.

It's his livelihood. I think that's pretty sad.

Comment

Originally posted by oakelmpine View Post
              He made millions and if he was smart has been growing that fortune and he and his children are set for life. What's so sad ?
              I take it empathy is not your strong suit?

Comment

It's sad because he seems like a genuinely nice guy who just lost it.

As long as he saved that money he got from the Tigers properly, I don't think he should feel TOO bad. Did more in a major league career than most could ever dream of.

Comment

And that ROY.
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

If he ultimately retires soon, Marlins should sign him to 1 day contract so he can retire a Fish.

common you gotta do it ONE time

Comment

I was never sold on his longterm potential (I even remember having pretty heated arguments with early Daft and prinmemento about this). I didn't think it'd come undone like this though. Sad to see, pretty inexplicable too.

Comment

Dontrelle signed with the Long Island Ducks of the Atlantic League.
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

So did Vlad Guerrero. Defending champs just keep getting stronger!
                          poop

Comment

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZyVF1glhAfk[/ame]

Comment

QUACK!

QUACK!

QUACK!

Comment

Working...
                              X