No announcement yet.

2012 MLB Season Game Thread: May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think it'll be really interesting if it comes to that and they really do shut him down.

How will their fanbase react?

And will they really shut him down at 170 if they're a game back and need a win to make the playoffs?

Comment

• He'll be injured and out for the year way before he hits the 170

Comment

• I believe Detwiler is on an innings count too. Guess John Lannan will take over for these guys at some time.

Really interested to see what happens in August when they hit their limits.

Comment

• Rizzo said a few weeks ago that Stras isn't on any real innings limit.

During the offseason, Rizzo said Strasburg could face some type of limit, but it appears only media outlets -- not the team -- estimated it would be 160 innings. Rizzo also said he would not skip Strasburg's turns in the rotation if the team was battling for a postseason berth.

Comment

• Scott Van Slyke seems pretty cool, even though he's soon to be 26

Comment

• He had a HUGH HR, boys. HUGH. game changer.

Comment

• His dad was my fave when I was growing up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
                  Rizzo said a few weeks ago that Stras isn't on any real innings limit.
                  "I don't have a specific pitch count in my mind, a specific innings count in my mind. ... In conjunction with (manager) Davey Johnson and (pitching coach) Steve McCatty, when we feel he's had enough, we're going to shut him down."
                  poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Bobbob1313 View Post
                    "I don't have a specific pitch count in my mind, a specific innings count in my mind. ... In conjunction with (manager) Davey Johnson and (pitching coach) Steve McCatty, when we feel he's had enough, we're going to shut him down."
                    "During the offseason, Rizzo said Strasburg could face some type of limit, but it appears only media outlets -- not the team -- estimated it would be 160 innings. Rizzo also said he would not skip Strasburg's turns in the rotation if the team was battling for a postseason berth."

I can do that too!

Comment

• I think we wrote that poorly:

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?...tnerId=rss_was

CINCINNATI -- It's early in the season, relatively speaking, but it's never too early to talk about Stephen Strasburg's innings limit. The Nationals announced in April that Strasburg, who returned from Tommy John surgery, would be limited to 160 innings in 2012.

Manager Davey Johnson said before Saturday's game that the limit is still in place, and that Strasburg will not be skipping starts.
                      He will be pulled from the rotation at some point, but won't be skipped in the rotation to lengthen his season out. When he hits the cap, he's done, and they won't try to fudge with the rotation to keep him in it.
                      poop

Comment

• Oh.

Good fucking job.

Comment

• Weren't me, sir.

I also did not write about him touching his junk accidentally with icy hot, which was what his next update said.
                          --------------------
                          After the game, manager Davey Johnson hinted Strasburg applied Hot Stuff penetrating ointment to his shoulder before his start, but that it "got to the wrong place" accidentally. "It was on his shoulder and evidently -- I don't know how it got to where it got, but it was uncomfortable, to say the least," Johnson said with a chuckle.
                          ehe
                          Last edited by Bobbob1313; 05-20-2012, 10:58 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged
                          poop

Comment

• Berkman torn ACL

Comment

• He hinted that he may retire if that is the case.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

• Chris Perez got booed at home after he put a couple runners on Thursday. He didn't talk to the media for two days, then "I'm tired of getting booed at home," Perez said. "So I figured I'd throw some strikes today. You can quote that. They booed me against the Mariners when I had two guys on. It feels like I can't even give up a baserunner without people booing me. It's even worse when there's only 5,000 in the stands, because then you can hear it. It pisses me off. I got two guys on. Yeah, my release point was all over the place, but really? I've got two guys on. They haven't even scored yet and you're booing me? You're saying, 'Get this bum off the mound.' Come on."

then the Indians asked him to clarify (apologize), so...

(around 1:35)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q82Pq8UhsRY[/ame]
                                Last edited by HUGG; 05-21-2012, 03:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X