Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
    They weren't 7 consecutive ABs
    I understand; I was talking about the nature of the home runs themselves.
    God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
    - Daft

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      yes, I wasn't suggesting that I believed golf had anything to do with anything
      But I don't think anyone was saying that he played poorly because he played golf.

Comment

• Right but people were upset that he golfed on his off day considering how bad the team is playing and apparently his arm was hurting or some nonsense.

People are the worst is what I am getting at

Comment

• Well, yes, people are the worst, that's for sure, but the whole golf thing isn't about the team playing poorly. It's about how someone who misses a start because of health then deemed himself healthy enough to play golf the day after missing said start. I think that's a legitimate question to ask him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Omar View Post
            I understand; I was talking about the nature of the home runs themselves.
            Not sure, haven't seen anything about it being a record.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
              Right but people were upset that he golfed on his off day considering how bad the team is playing and apparently his arm was hurting or some nonsense.

The media are the worst is what I am getting at
              /fixed

Comment

• No. People are the worst. Thanks for the non-correction.

Comment

• Originally posted by Madman81 View Post
                  Well, yes, people are the worst, that's for sure, but the whole golf thing isn't about the team playing poorly. It's about how someone who misses a start because of health then deemed himself healthy enough to play golf the day after missing said start. I think that's a legitimate question to ask him.
                  The group of muscles he was complaining about are heavily used in playing golf. The fans going after him is justified in this case.

Comment

• I doubt the majority of the fans actually know that but still justified.

Comment

• Originally posted by Party View Post
                      The group of muscles he was complaining about are heavily used in playing golf. The fans going after him is justified in this case.
                      All the arm muscles involved in lifting a beer to your lips?

Comment

• Would you call that a strenuous activity? Mr. Funke?

Comment

• If done properly, yes.

Comment

• Cardinal fans gave Chipper a standing ovation in his first AB. They really are amazing baseball fans.

Comment

• Bryce Harper was bleeding pretty badly from the side of his face after a play in the outfield but no one is really sure why. No video (so far) has come out showing what happened.
                              --------------------
                              Hamilton just homered again, but it was a solo shot.
                              --------------------
                              Harper got the cut near his eye because he was upset after an AB and smashed the bat and a piece of it came up and cut him. He's lucky it didn't get him in the eye.
                              Last edited by MiamiHomer; 05-11-2012, 10:00 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Beltran on fya

Comment

Working...
                                X