No announcement yet.

2012 MLB Season Game Thread: May

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Madman is right though, nothing impressive about that play. Happens all the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
      did he not get credit for stealing home?
      Does simply saying he stole home convey an accurate picture?

Comment

• Yes, it does.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
          Madman is right though, nothing impressive about that play. Happens all the time.
          I believe Cody Ross did it once.
          poop

Comment

• Originally posted by Hugg View Post
            Yes, it does.
            The whole picture, I should have said, in a textual account?

Comment

• Maybe not, but then again most baseball plays don't.

Saying someone hit a home run doesn't give you the whole picture either.

Comment

• No, it doesn't. It'd be like posting "Juan Pierre hit a homerun" in here and not telling anyone it was an inside-the-park homer. Nothing wrong with a little context, and nowhere did I say it was unimpressive or common.
                --------------------
                /insert silly one time reference here
                Last edited by Madman81; 05-06-2012, 11:03 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• It's safe to say that Washington Nationals general manager Mike Rizzo isn't too thrilled with Cole Hamels' way of welcoming Bryce Harper to the big leagues.

"I've never seen a more classless, gutless [expletive] act in my 30 years in baseball," Rizzo told Adam Kilgore of the Washington Post.

The act, if you're unaware at this point, was Hamels intentionally hitting the Nationals rookie in the first inning of Sunday night's game. Hamels admitted he hit him on purpose and Rizzo isn't happy about it.

"Cole Hamels says he's old school? He's the opposite of old school. He's fake tough," Rizzo said. "He thinks he's going to intimidate us after hitting our 19-year-old rookie who's eight games into the big leagues. He doesn't know who he's dealing with."

Rizzo added he believed Hamels should receive not just a suspension, but that a message needs to be sent.

"With all the bounty [stuff] going on in professional football, the commissioner better act with a purpose on this thing," Rizzo said. "Players have a way of monitoring themselves. We're not here to hit people and hurt people.

"He thinks he's sending a message to us of being a tough guy. He's sending the polar opposite message. He says he's being honest; well, I'm being honest. It was a gutless chicken [expletive] [expletive] act. That was a fake-tough act. No one has ever accused Cole Hamels of being old school."
                  Someone get Rizzo a tissue...

Nationals GM Mike Rizzo calls Cole Hamels' plunking of Bryce Harper 'gutless'

Comment

• Comment

• He played that off perfectly though, a true professional .

Comment

• Why Rizzo so mad?

Just bury one in Cole's arse next time around.

You're welcome.

Comment

• Well, the Nats did hit Hamels in his AB after the hit on Harper occurred and Hamels was actually squaring up to bunt.

(Just saying this in case you missed the game)

Comment

• The game. I did miss. I was hoping to see the steal home on MLB Network this morning but they kept showing me highlights of things that were not the highlights of the day IMO

Comment

• Rizzo is being dumb there. What a poop.
                              poop

Comment

• I gon do it. I don't mind what he said.

Comment

Working...
                                X