No announcement yet.

2012 MLB Season Game Thread: March-April

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the whole thing would be a non story if that were the case.

Comment

• I don't understand why what Hatcher did is wrong. That was as innocent a story as can be.

Comment

• Because the doors

Comment

• Break on thru to the other side

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainge View Post
            Among qualified pitchers he does.
            No, he does not. He doesn't even have the lowest ERA on the Cubs staff. Paul Maholm does.

Forget it. I'm not starting this again.
            --------------------
            Originally posted by Ramp View Post
            Volstad getting shelled tonight
            Right, because two infield singles and two seeing eyed singles equate to getting shelled.
            Last edited by THE_REAL_MIBS; 05-01-2012, 02:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Metes View Post

Have I been deceived?

Even if he wasn't, should we really split hairs over a 6.14?
              Originally posted by Hugg View Post
              I mean, he was at least before yesterday played out so they weren't wrong.

Comment

• Randy Wolf overtook him for most awful.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by mbitcronod12 View Post
                No, he does not. He doesn't even have the lowest ERA on the Cubs staff. Paul Maholm does.

--------------------

Right, because two infield singles and two seeing eyed singles equate to getting shelled.
                His luck has always been the worst of the worst.
                Last edited by Beef; 05-01-2012, 02:12 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by mbitcronod12 View Post

--------------------

Giving up 4 runs in the first inning (which is about when I posted) equates to being shelled. He still gave up 11 baserunners in 6 innings.

It turns out, like every Volstad start ever, Chris got things going for the rest of the game. It's like he should throw 40 pitches extra in his bullpen session before each game to get the crap out.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                    I mean, he was at least before yesterday played out so they weren't wrong.
                    Paul Maholm's ERA through 4 starts is 6.20. He has not started since Friday so that was the same yesterday. Look it up.

Comment

• ... and he does not appear on the list of shitty qualified pitchers
                      --------------------
                      look it up?
                      Last edited by Beef; 05-01-2012, 02:17 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Paul Maholm's ERA through 4 starts is 6.20. He has not started since Friday so that was the same yesterday. Look it up.
                        They are talking about qualified pitchers though so they still weren't incorrect when saying he was the worst among them.

Comment

--------------------

Can we officially say that we lost the Zambrano trade?

Comment

• He'd be a number 3 starter in the AL

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                              They are talking about qualified pitchers though so they still weren't incorrect when saying he was the worst among them.
                              Maholm has also made 4 starts; same as Volstad had. What makes Volstad qualified but not Maholm? The fact that Maholm sucked so bad in his first two outings that he was done after 4 innings in each?

Comment

• I'm just saying they technically weren't wrong in their claim. Also, I wouldn't be trying to split hairs in this argument because any way you cut it, Volstad has been really bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X