X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How would you possibly know that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post
      He added a totally harmless anecdote. What he said was as harmless as harmless can be and it could only work to make people see Pujols in a more positive light.
      Yup.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
        How would you possibly know that?
        I mean, Beef's right. Half the stories we here each day are from "behind closed doors" meetings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ramp View Post
          I mean, Beef's right. Half the stories we here each day are from "behind closed doors" meetings.
          Half the stories also come from "sources". You don't see people being named that give information on those types of things.

Comment

• So the dividing line for you right now is that is was Hatcher telling the story and not Heyman telling the story from "sources"?

Comment

• No, because Pujols would probably still be upset with those "sources" that leaked his comments and I'd be completely fine with him being upset about it. This just happened to have a name stuck to it rather than sources so people defend the source now.

Comment

• Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                How would you possibly know that?
                That part about you getting annoyed? You want to know things. You follow everyone in anyway related to sports on twitter and you post a lot of sports news articles, so you definitely enjoy getting information. My assumption is that you prefer information about what is actually going on. A lot of those things go on behind doors that are closed. Otherwise you'd be left with some opinions and the transactions section of the newspaper.

_______

or the part about it happening ALL the time? It happens all the time. Coaches and players say things about what happened in the locker room or on an airplane, etc. Most of those things, like the situation here, are just so harmless that people don't object to them.
                --------------------
                Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                No, because Pujols would probably still be upset with those "sources" that leaked his comments and I'd be completely fine with him being upset about it. This just happened to have a name stuck to it rather than sources so people defend the source now.
                The source is being defended because the source didn't do anything wrong. What he said could only give people a more positive view of Pujols. Pujols' shitty job performance is putting Hatcher's job in jeopardy.
                Last edited by Beef; 05-01-2012, 11:44 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Originally posted by Beef View Post

The source is being defended because the source didn't do anything wrong. What he said could only give people a more positive view of Pujols. Pujols' shitty job performance is putting Hatcher's job in jeopardy.
                  I don't buy people siding with the source if it didn't have Hatcher's name next to it. And again, Pujols isn't the only one performing poorly so Hatcher isn't helping his case in terms of what his job description is when the majority of his hitters aren't performing.

Comment

• Ehe, if there was an article that said "a source says that Pujols remains upbeat and is encouraging his teammates to work through their struggles" we'd all be on the witch hunt to find that fucker.

Comment

• No, I think people wouldn't give a shit either way. People only got upset because Pujols was upset at the source, who was known in this instance.

Comment

• Because it's a really stupid thing to get upset about. If the source was not known, do you think your last sentence would change from:

People only got upset because Pujols was upset at the source, who was known in this instance.
                        to:

People don't give a shit that Pujols was upset at the source, because the source was not known in this instance.
                        ?

Comment

• That's what I said with the sentence prior to the one you quoted...

Comment

• Let me summarize this:

Pujols said to his teammates (behind closed doors which is where almost everything in life outside of public press conferences/interviews takes place): we gon be ight guys; I'll get through my personal struggles and we'll bust out of this team slump thing

Media asked the hitting coach how the Angels were going to break out of their slump/what adjustments were being made

Hitting coach: hey we're battling right now, doing what we can to get through it and we will; hell Albert even told the guys we gon break out of this thing

Pujols got mad at the hitting coach for relating those positive comments

We've actually got someone defending Pujols for that

I miss anything?

Comment

• I'm the lone ranger!

Comment

• I took that as you saying that people wouldn't give a shit about the original comment from that source and that there would be no response comment from Pujols.

So if Pujols called out unnamed guy for painting Pujols in a positive light while he sucks at his job and gets paid insane amounts of money to do that, you think people would just kind of agree with him because unnamed source isn't seen as a real person? They might not have a specific person to support, but they'd still probably think, "ehe, what a dumb asshole".

Comment

Working...
                                X