Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Say You Were the GM of a Struggling Team....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Say You Were the GM of a Struggling Team....

Where should most of the focus be on for your organization and why....

1) Player Development
    2) Scouting
    3) Major League Operations
    4) Statistical Analysis

Hopefully this promotes some solid off-season discussion unlike the silly-season known as Hot Stove Season.

1. Statistical Analysis
    2. Major League Operations
    3. Player Development
    4. Scouting

I think stats would be the most useful because it should help you find internal improvements and also perhaps help you capitalize on guys playing over their head that will net you some more improvements to your squad. Could also help save a couple bucks instead of giving out a big contract.
    This post was brought to you by: Dat SEC Speed

Comment

I would devote all my resources to sunflower seeds and Dubble Bubble

Let the rest sort itself out
      Last edited by Metes; 11-21-2011, 06:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz View Post
        1. Statistical Analysis
        2. Major League Operations
        3. Player Development
        4. Scouting

I think stats would be the most useful because it should help you find internal improvements and also perhaps help you capitalize on guys playing over their head that will net you some more improvements to your squad. Could also help save a couple bucks instead of giving out a big contract.
        That's how I was leaning as well. It's probably more important to see if you can gain any edge with the current players you do have than spending the money to scout players you may never have.

Comment

1) Major League Operations
          2) Scouting
          3) Player Development
          4) Statistical Analysis

I believe you win with talent and if you set your major league operations and structure everything after that you will breed success. Scouting is huge in every aspect of the game, advanced scouting in the majors all the way to international scouting to discover the next super prospect or late round draftee. Player development and statistical analysis by no means are afterthoughts but I stand behind structure and talent.
          There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

Working...
          X