No announcement yet.

Prince Fielder: 9 Year Deal with Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pujols, ARod, Fielder. One is not like the others.

Comment

• You've gotta think Fielder is gonna wind up in the AL, as an AL team can at least just DH him and hide his defense as his already poor defensive skills begin to erode completely as his contract progresses. I can't envision any NL team giving him the eight-year deal he and Boras are probably looking for.

Comment

• Originally posted by Swifty View Post
        Pujols, ARod, Fielder. One is not like the others.
        Is this a vegetarian joke
        --------------------
        I also want to say,

2011 - Prince 5.5 WAR, Gaby 3.0 WAR
        2010 - Prince 3.4 WAR, Gaby 2.3 WAR

8.7 to 5.3. Prince is better because he smashes, and will likely keep smashing, but we're not even talking 2 wins per year on Gaby here because Fatty cannot play defense, run the bases, and his value is directly tied to how many more HR over 30 he can hit.

Saying that, I wouldn't mind Fielder on a 4-5 year deal to grab prime years, and he will surely have two mega 45 HR seasons during that span, but he's not someone to break the bank for like Pujols. He'd be good just because it would allow the franchise to blow out Morrison, Gaby, and Dominguez for a very serious SP, and they could use Oviedo/Volstad for platoon help in LF. But keeping what they got and just upgrading Volstad kind of does the same thing because Morrison is valuable end of the day.

But I can't imagine the Marlins will get a club friendly deal (and by that, I mean 4-5 years up to $25 million a season) for him.
        Last edited by lou; 12-09-2011, 10:03 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• I think it's a black person joke

Comment

• I guess we'll have to wait and see who steps up and gives him an offer.

There haven't been any offers, right?

Comment

• @joecapMARLINS
              Jeffrey Loria on whether #Marlins will get in on Prince Fielder: "oh, I don't know about that. We'll see.""
              --------------------
              @joecapMARLINS
              Samson #Marlins never had interest in Prince Fielder
              Last edited by TheMendozaLine; 12-09-2011, 10:31 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

• Loria's comment makes it sound like they could be lying in the weeds.

Comment

• @JCRMarlinsbeat
                  To reiterate, #Marlins will NOT pursue Prince Fielder. No interest in Edwin Jackson either.
                  No Eddy J????? Say it ain't so!

Comment

• Cross those two off the list. Guess Gaby or LoMo at 1st it is!

Where's TJ, we need some insider information.

Comment

• Yu's coming.
                      "You owe it to yourself to find your own unorthodox way of succeeding, or sometimes, just surviving."
                      - Michael Johnson

J.T. Realmuto .282/.351/.412

Comment

• Paul Maholm?

Comment

• JCRMarlinsbeat Juan C. Rodriguez
                          Samson on why no Prince: There's Albert and then there's everyone else when it comes to that type of franchise-changing contract. #Marlins

Comment

• "he's fat and doesn't run or catch the ball."

Comment

• BUT HE HITS THE BALL FAR MIKE

Comment

• So does Reggie Abercrombie.

Comment

Working...
                                X