Prince Fielder: 9 Year Deal with Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Miamarlin21 View Post
    I was just looking at the splits and was surprised that Gaby really only had two, maybe three good months, average wise.

April- .293
    May-.345
    June-.240
    July-.261
    August-.189
    Sept/Oct-.250

I know batting average isn't everything, but hitting .189 and & .250 the final two months isn't great.
    Atleast show us OPS.

Comment

He had a rough August but his OBP was above .300 every other month

Comment

OBP:

April- .389
        May-.411
        June-.308
        July-.356
        August-.253
        Sept/Oct-.383

OPS
        April-.835
        May-.993
        June-.712
        July-.799
        August-.519
        Sept/Oct-.770
        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

He's growing!

Comment

Baby steps

Comment

Don't facepalm me, but what is a good OBP and OPS? At least I'm asking and trying to learn.
              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Maybe someone can provide average OPS for the league 1st basemen.

Comment

OBP
                  .300 is Mendoza line.
                  .330 is average (though it was actually more like .320 this year)
                  .360 is good
                  .400 is HOF

OPS
                  .650 is Mendoza
                  .750 is roughly average (was closer to .720 this year)
                  .800 is good
                  .900+ is HOF
                  poop

Comment

Sanchez also had a .242 babip in the 2nd half of the season. He was very unlucky.

He's not as bad as some people act like he is.

Comment

• Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal
                      Another reason to believe #Marlins when they say they won't pursue Prince: Boras likely would insist upon a no-trade clause. MORE #MLB

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal
                      #Marlins would not change policy on no-trade clauses for Albert - big reason they lost him. They're not changing it for Prince. #MLB
                      twitter

Comment

• I'd be okay with the Marlins going after him with a 3-4 year deal. Does anyone else think someone is going to give him a 8-9-10 year contract?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jorge18 View Post
                          I'd be okay with the Marlins going after him with a 3-4 year deal. Does anyone else think someone is going to give him a 8-9-10 year contract?
                          No way he signs anywhere for three or four years. I wouldn't be surprised to see some team give him eight. I don't think he gets anymore than that, though.

Comment

• I'm totally cool with keeping Gaby @ 1B. Like Hugg mentioned, he was unlucky in the 2nd half. Take away his August and he was outstanding.

Comment

• I'd prefer to move Gaby and just get LoMo to first base already. I don't feel that good about having LoMo out there as a huge defensive liability in LF.

Comment

• Well he's what 27 now? Let's say he signs a 3 year deal, and does great through out those three years. When that contract is over he'll be 30-31 and will be able to sign another monster contract like Pujols or ARoid.

If he signs a 3 year $65-80mm contract now and then is able to sign a 10 year $200+ contract later he end up making a lot more money.

Of course, this is all assuming he kills it with the 3 year deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X