Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw this wasn't posted:

JoeFrisaro Joe Frisaro
    #Marlins offer to Pujols was $210 mil 10 yrs when they broke off talks. Look for a run at Prince in upcoming weeks #WinterMeetings
    --------------------
    This was after yesterday him saying the Marlins had no interest in Fielder.
    --------------------
    And then there is this:

Ken_Rosenthal Ken Rosenthal
    High-ranking #Marlins official says team is not and will not be on Prince. Prince can't drive Latin market like Pujols could have. #MLB
    Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-08-2011, 11:21 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

I'm thankful for that. To give him Pujols money would be the worst

Comment

Boras is salivating right now at how much money he's going to want/get for Prince.

Comment

If we're willing to give CJ Wilson 6/99, I can't see us ignoring Fielder.
          God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
          - Daft

Comment

One of the beat writers added yesterday that the Marlins were not interested in giving a large contract to "that body".

I think they end up going after Cespedes.
            DKnobler DKnobler
            Marlins will be in on Cespedes, regardless of free-agent signings

Comment

Who is the market, realistically? Us, Cards, and Cubs?
              God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
              - Daft

Comment

For Fielder? Cards, Cubs, Bluejays, Mariners, Rangers, Brewers(said their owner is looking to see if they can retain him)

Comment

I think the top should not say Marlins Pushing Hard when all tweets say we are not pushing hard

Comment

I'm really interested in hearing how the first offers to Prince will look. I'm assuming that things will pick up with him in the next few days.

Comment

joecapMARLINS joe capozzi
                      Most national scribes seem convinced #Marlins will eventually get in on Prince Fielder, even tho team has said opposite to beat writers

Comment

I'm inclined to think the same. I don't think it would make much sense for the FO not to at least make a play for him.

Comment

I hope we learned our lesson and let the market form before getting in (if we get in).

Comment

Originally posted by Swifty View Post
                            I hope we learned our lesson and let the market form before getting in (if we get in).
                            Well they did get 3 of 5 guys they have went for, so they are doing something right.

I have to believe that they only wanted Albert for the marketing, don't want to pay money for a fat Fielder who will be a DH by 32, and they are happy with 2 more years of Gaby at 1B at reasonable prices, before the inevitable Morrison shift (and hopefully Yelich LF takeover). That's the smart thing to do with current assets and I think they'll realize that as the hysteria is dying down.

It wouldn't be a bad thing for them to just get the next best SP in free agency to upgrade Volstad, super charge the bench, and maybe have a little cash reserve for international signings or save until the deadline if they need another guy.

Comment

I was just looking at the splits and was surprised that Gaby really only had two, maybe three good months, average wise.

April- .293
                              May-.345
                              June-.240
                              July-.261
                              August-.189
                              Sept/Oct-.250

I know batting average isn't everything, but hitting .189 and & .250 the final two months isn't great.
                              Last edited by Miamarlin21; 12-08-2011, 07:55 PM.
                              LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Makes perfect sense

Comment

Working...
                                X