No announcement yet.

Prince Fielder: 9 Year Deal with Detroit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes I forgot Vegan Fielder.. He will take some tofu on the side as well!

Comment

Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman
      #marlins have discussed internally the possibility of going after prince if they lose out on albert
      The word is Boras is going to be looking for a huge deal so not sure how that will work out.
      --------------------
      Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman
      If albert stays in stl, marlins would look at prince, buehrle, wilson. In mix for fielder, a floridian: sea, tor, cubs, tex, bal, mil
      twitter
      Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-07-2011, 08:54 AM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

like this option so much better

Comment

Early word is that Boras wants more than whatever Pujols will get.

Comment

Don't even bother.

Comment

Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman
              #marlins definitely will talk to prince if they don't get albert. Buehrle, wilson (angels the leader there) also options
              twitter
              --------------------
              SurfingTheMets Andy Martino
              Sources tell Daily News Pujols likely heading back to Cardinals, Marlins shifting their attention to Fielder.
              twitter
              --------------------
              DKnobler DKnobler
              If Pujols goes to Cards (very possible, maybe likely), Marlins will think hard about serious run at Fielder
              twitter
              Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-07-2011, 12:08 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

#marlins already in pursuit of prince. Signs indicate cards likely to get pujols
                - Heyman (Twitter)

If it's for 3 years or so, I'm interested. Not very interested beyond that.
                God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                - Daft

Comment

No chance he takes that low amount of years. Fielder is going to probably take a while to play out.

Many are thinking Boras would look for a long deal with an opt out clause and a higher total than Pujols gets.
                  --------------------
                  Jon_Heyman Jon Heyman
                  Loving the #marlins style here. Now talking to prince. prefer pujols for marketing but love fielders age (27)/production
                  twitter
                  Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-07-2011, 01:21 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

If Prince was 31-32, I would be very against it. But, he'll be 28 and that's right up in his prime. I could deal with a 5 year deal, but anything more than that is silly.

Comment

Five years with an opt out after three, if the money is right, would probably be ideal - if they get starting pitching as well.
                      God would be expecting a first pitch breaking ball in the dirt because humans love to disappoint him.
                      - Daft

Comment

JimBowdenESPNxm JIM BOWDEN
                        Marlins now aggressively chasing Buehrle and Fielder....Loria, Beinfest, HIll and Samson aren't playing....they mean business!
                        twitter
                        --------------------
                        Originally posted by Omar View Post
                        Five years with an opt out after three, if the money is right, would probably be ideal - if they get starting pitching as well.
                        I was thinking more 7+ year deal with an opt out after year 4
                        Last edited by MiamiHomer; 12-07-2011, 01:29 PM. Reason: Doublepost Merged

Comment

Fielder AND Buehrle? Not buying it. Maybe one or the other, but not both.

Or maybe after losing out on Pujols, Loria has a new strategy:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MrTsuvykUZk[/ame]

Comment

Buehrle probably won't get anything more than a 3 year deal so I don't think one depends on the other. Now with C.J. Wilson, that's probably different.

Comment

I honestly don't see how in the world Boras expects Prince to get a bigger contract than Pujols.

Comment

When asked if they have interest in Prince Fielder Samson said "No".

Comment

Working...
                                X