Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scott Rolen being named to the All Star team is retarded

Comment

Silly to me that Jeter is getting called out for not playing the ASG.

If he were 1/5 with an infield single for 3,000 the calls would be "how can he play...look at his stats, he's an undeserving all-star!"

Comment

Not silly at all. If you are asked to go, you should go. It's sad that him and others (CC in the Bahamas?) don't go to these things.

Comment

In general yes, but this is a unique circumstance. But for Saturday, his presence would be a source of contention, not his absence. That's why it's silly to me.

Comment

Reds are interested in dealing for Ubaldo Jimenez.

Comment

Do people really critique the player when he's been selected undeservedly? Most people get upset at the fans or the league for implementing the flawed system. I can't recall an instance where the fan reaction was to ask the player to actively reject their invitation for a more deserving replacement.

You get invited, you go. It's an honor and, deserved or not, it's bad form to decline an All Star Selection.

Comment

I don't disagree that it's an honor to be, and disrespectful to not go, especially if selected by the fans (regardless of how merited the selection is).

I do think you are under estimating how much noise there would be around his presence as an undeserving all-star if he hadn't gotten 3,000 in such a spectacular way, or if he had failed to get 3,000 at all. Maybe it wouldn't be directed "at" him, but it would be a tremendous maelstrom around him, either way, he's in the center of a shit-storm.

Comment

Originally posted by MiamiHomer View Post
                  Reds are interested in dealing for Ubaldo Jimenez.
                  It would start with one of Homer Bailey, Travis Wood, or Mike Leake to Colorado. Yonder Alonso is probably high on their radar too (if they have one.)
                  LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Originally posted by Stimpson J Cat View Post
                    I don't disagree that it's an honor to be, and disrespectful to not go, especially if selected by the fans (regardless of how merited the selection is).

I do think you are under estimating how much noise there would be around his presence as an undeserving all-star if he hadn't gotten 3,000 in such a spectacular way, or if he had failed to get 3,000 at all. Maybe it wouldn't be directed "at" him, but it would be a tremendous maelstrom around him, either way, he's in the center of a shit-storm.
                    I doubt it.

Comment

Anyone have any suggestions on how i can watch this online?

Comment

Buck just said that Mo was at the back end of the American League's bullpen? I thought he chose not to participate?
                        LHP Chad James-Jupiter Hammerheads-

5-15 3.80 ERA (27 starts) 149.1IP 173H 63ER 51BB 124K

Comment

Let's win this bitch.

Also Joe Buck has become a hoarse motherfucker.

Comment

Originally posted by flamarlin21 View Post
                            Buck just said that Mo was at the back end of the American League's bullpen? I thought he chose not to participate?
                            He said Mo was not there.

Comment

Originally posted by Claudio Vernight View Post
                              Let's win this bitch.

Also Joe Buck has become a hoarse motherfucker.
                              He's always been a mother horsefucker, so it evens out.
                              There's No jOOj In Team.

Comment

What a catch. That's also a bad way to fuck up your leg.

Comment

Working...
                                X